Detroit Roadtrip to Chicago Thread!!
Dec 16, 2004 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
LAST UPDATED ON 1/24/05 @ 9:30 PM

OK, it's time again...time for the Detroit mob to make another trip to Chicago!!

Here's the thread for the Chicago Meet: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...=1#post1125527

It's January 29th, and promises (as usual) to be a very good time. I've made two trips down there, one by myself, and one with a couple of folks from 'round here. I've never failed to have a most enjoyable time, as our friends from Chicago really know how to put on a meet.

The roster thus far is as follows:

elrod-tom (lead singer, driver of the Winnebago)
the_mac
jeffemeister
nightfall (tentative)
babykenny (tentative)
gordolindsay
philodox

Now, if everyone goes, that makes 7 people in a van that rides 6 comfortably. If everyone wants to go, we're going to need a bigger (or another) boat. So let's hear back from everyone regarding your attendance, and we'll get things going from there.

This is going to be fun!!

Dec 16, 2004 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
OK, it's time again...time for the Detroit mob to make another trip to Chicago!!

Here's the thread for the Chicago Meet: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...=1#post1125527

It's January 29th, and promises (as usual) to be a very good time. I've made two trips down there, one by myself, and one with a couple of folks from 'round here. I've never failed to have a most enjoyable time, as our friends from Chicago really know how to put on a meet.

C'mon Detroit...let's make a strong showing at this meet. If you're interested, please post here ASAP!! This is going to be fun!!

This means that you guys gotta start planning a meet for the Chi-Town contingent to crash.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. Thanks again Tom for being "on point" for another Roadtrip. See all you guys there.

Dec 17, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #4 of 24
If you've got space Tom, I'd love to come. Looking forward to it.

Dec 17, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by babykenny
I'm interested, but due to the nature of my job I won't know until day or two before. When it snows I have to work.

We'll just have to see how the weather goes...don't see any reason that we couldn't swing by and get you on the way.
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2005 at 2:49 PM Post #7 of 24
Hey guys, I would like to go to a meet. It would be my first one cause I'm just starting out. But if someone could PM me or just post with details on what to do/bring/etc. it would be great. Thanks alot and hopefully I'll be looking foreward to it.

Jan 12, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #8 of 24
Well, as it looks right now, we'll have Tom, Jefemeister, Gordolindsay, maybe babykenny, and myself.

Tom, are you okay with driving, or would you prefer that I see if I can borrow my folk's van? Also, want me to throw together a couple sandwiches for the trip up? (that way everyone gets something to eat and we don't have to stop at a McD's or something on the way up).

Jan 12, 2005 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 24
I'd hate to fart on that trip.

See you guys at the meet and remember we need sources
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2005 at 11:21 AM Post #11 of 24
Hi folks,

I'm still pretty jammed up with work for the next couple days here, but I'll be getting back with everyone very soon about this trip. Looking forward to it.
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #12 of 24
Here is hoping that there is room for one more. If there is still space I can come along with The_Mac. Let me know whether or not I still need to look into a flight. Would be much easier to bus it to Windsor.
cool.gif

Jan 19, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #13 of 24
Anyone know if there is space for me yet? Did you get the PM I sent you elrod-tom?

Jan 20, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #14 of 24
*a tumbleweed rolls through detroit*

Jan 20, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #15 of 24
Sorry I've been slow responding folks...I'm busy with work AND sick. I'm pretty much crashing out as soon as I get home every night lately.

I'll update things in a day or so...thanks for your patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back