Detroit, Pittsburgh or Springfield, MA
Feb 11, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #16 of 25
Man, if your criteria is a great basketball, baseball, and hockey team Detroit is the place. It is conceivable that we could win a championship in all three this year. Sorry Boston (Celts and Sox).
tongue.gif

Good thing you aren't a football fan, or rather, if you are, stay as far away from Detroit as humanly possible.
wink.gif

It's good to see all of the 'Detroiters' defending our area. I live in the suburbs and it's not bad at all. I believe the Detroit metro area has a lot to offer. Of course, I'm a life-long fanboy.

Feb 11, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #17 of 25
Don't move to MI...that is of course unless you already have a sweet job lined up. We have a terrible economy here right now, and it's been bad long before the rest of america went downhill.

That being said, as long as you find a nice suburb outside of Detroit, it's not bad. The downtown area isn't too bad, either, but I won't drive far from it. I lived in Brighton for most my life, which is a great city. Pretty central between Detroit, Ann Arbor and Lansing. I currently live in Ypsilanti, which is right next to A2. If you find the right spot here you can get a killer deal on housing and be right next to A2. My aunt and uncle also live in Bloomfield...again a nice place. I think you'll find that most cities outside detroit are very nice.

And I'd rather drive around downtown Detroit with a sign saying derogatory marks about certain races then stay the night in Flint. I've played a couple gigs up there and what a hell hole. Maybe I only saw the bad parts...but I'd just stay away.

Feb 11, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good thing you aren't a football fan, or rather, if you are, stay as far away from Detroit as humanly possible.
wink.gif

With any luck College Football is his gig...

Feb 11, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #19 of 25
Do NOT live in Detroit. Period. Miserable place. I haven't been to Massachussets, but when I went to Pittsburg I was very impressed - nice city, beautiful and very clean - so I voted for it.

Mar 4, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #22 of 25
Ha when I saw this poll I had a laugh. I've always been on record as hating the cities of Detroit and Pittsburgh, they are dirty, dingy, depressing places (alliteration not intentional). I have no idea where the heck Springfield Mass. is but I voted for it because the other two choices are so crappy IMO.

Mar 5, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #24 of 25
At least the Pittsburgh metro won one of the "Best Places to Live in America" surveys back in the '80's. I've never been downtown, just to the airport and suburbs, but it seemed fine.

Detroit, unfortunately, would never be in contention for a "Best Place" award.....the city itself, and I've been there a number of times, has just gone too far downhill. I have friends out in the beautiful burbs there, and the price of housing is indeed reasonable--but that's because the economy there is overdependent on auto manufacturing.

Never been to Springfield.......so I voted for Pittsburgh.

I feel for you Detroit suburban residents as far as perceptions go....we live in a very nice community that's only 15 miles from Gary, IN--and people think that there couldn't be anything very nice that close to Gary, but it's true.

Mar 5, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha when I saw this poll I had a laugh. I've always been on record as hating the cities of Detroit and Pittsburgh, they are dirty, dingy, depressing places (alliteration not intentional). I have no idea where the heck Springfield Mass. is but I voted for it because the other two choices are so crappy IMO.

i'd disagree that Pittsburgh is dirty. The city is very clean, and its suburbs are pretty pristine aside from the slum-urbs (wilkensburg, east liberty, etc...)

but i would agree, its a depressing place in the winter
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back