Detroit Mini-Meet??
Jul 21, 2003 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Hi Y'all:

I was just thinking....

I'm getting my MSB Network upgrade (192k upsampling with almost ZERO jitter) within the next few weeks. Nightfall and scottpaul_iu just picked up some nice new toys. I'm thinkin others have too.

I'm thinking that it's time for a Head-Fi mini meet!!!

We'd need to find someone with a clubhouse or something, I'm thinking. I'm pretty flexible re) the date, although August is filling up in a big hurry. Maybe sometime in early September??

Tell me what you guys think about this idea.

Jul 21, 2003 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by acs236
I'd be interested in taking a drive up to Detroit for a meet. I'm not sure I'll be able to -- it depends on work, but I certainly would want to.

BTW - I'm thinking that this one should be on a weekend!!
tongue.gif

Jul 21, 2003 at 2:04 AM Post #4 of 19
i'm off school in late august. so late august or early september would by alright for me. the question is where this one would take place. how about somewhere closer to lansing this time.
evil_smiley.gif

wait . . jude's house!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 21, 2003 at 2:09 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by arnett
i'm off school in late august. so late august or early september would by alright for me. the question is where this one would take place. how about somewhere closer to lansing this time.
evil_smiley.gif

wait . . jude's house!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I was thinking that a clubhouse at an apartment complex or condo community would do the trick quite nicely. As for location, I was hoping for the east side myself, but I'm flexible.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hey...didn't you get a new toy recently? This will be very cool!!

Jul 21, 2003 at 2:47 AM Post #6 of 19
Make it on a saturday and I'll do the drive to make it.

Jul 21, 2003 at 2:50 AM Post #7 of 19
In keeping with Tuberoller's excellent thread on planning a meet, I would suggest the following two dates:

Saturday, September 6th
Saturday, September 13th

As of now, I'm good for either. Please let me know what y'all think will work best.

Jul 21, 2003 at 3:16 AM Post #8 of 19
fred,

could you please bring up a decent vinyl rig?!? (if not fred then somebody else, please!) i have yet to hear vinyl thru a decent headphone set up.

i didn't buy that 1979 sony PS-X600. that sucker went for $150!

also, i hope elrod-tom gets a reel to reel and tapes. man, i'd love to hear that!

Jul 21, 2003 at 3:18 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

i hope elrod-tom gets a reel to reel and tapes. man, i'd love o hear that!

I will do my best...but I don't know if I'll be able to get that one through committee quite that quickly!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 21, 2003 at 3:21 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
I would suggest the following two dates:

Saturday, September 6th
Saturday, September 13th

damn! i have a saturday class next term from 9-12. i could make it later in the day.

Jul 21, 2003 at 3:23 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

damn! i have a saturday class next term from 9-12. i could make it later in the day.

Just guessing, but I'm thinking this could go quite late in the day. You'll be OK...

Jul 21, 2003 at 11:31 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
In keeping with Tuberoller's excellent thread on planning a meet, I would suggest the following two dates:

Saturday, September 6th
Saturday, September 13th

As of now, I'm good for either. Please let me know what y'all think will work best.

I'm going to be in the relative area on the 13th anyway, watching of UofM kick the crap out of Notre Dame. The game is at 3:30 -- if the meet could start late morning, I could come by for a couple hours probably. Though Sept. 6 would work fine too, and I wouldn't have to worry about getting to the game.

Jul 21, 2003 at 11:33 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by acs236
I'm going to be in the relative area on the 13th anyway, watching of UofM kick the crap out of Notre Dame. The game is at 3:30 -- if the meet could start late morning, I could come by for a couple hours probably. Though Sept. 16 would work fine too, and I wouldn't have to worry about getting to the game.

Oh...mark my preference for the 6th. With any luck, I'll run down tickets to that game!!

BTW - It's September 6th...not 16th.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back