Detroit-area Meet Hosted by Wadia in Early May -- Who's Coming?
Feb 22, 2003 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78
Wadia has generously agreed to host the Detroit-area Head-Fi Get-Together, in late April or early May 2003. I'm pushing for early May to make sure to give Wadia a chance to complete some cool projects they're working on that are slated for completion April'ish.

One of the conditions of having an event at Wadia is that it's held on a weekday -- most likely a Friday. The days we're looking at tentatively are May 2, 2003 or May 9, 2003.

If you typically work on Fridays, you're probably going to need to take a little time off to make this one. Chime in in this thread to let us know who's coming. I'll update the list below as you cats who can make it post:
  1. eldrod-tom (May 2 or May 9 is fine)
  2. kikimus (May 2 or May 9 is fine)
  3. Nightfall
  4. Jeff (May 2)
  5. jude (May 2 or May 9 is fine)
  6. btaki (May 2 or May 9 is fine)
  7. babykenny (May 9)
  8. PUGSTUB (May 2 or May 9 is fine)
  9. scottpaul_iu (May 2 or May 9 is fine)
  10. antness (tentative)
If you're in Toledo, Windsor, Toronto, Indiana, Illinois, or even Barbados, consider trying to make it up to Michigan for this one.
wink.gif

State which day -- May 2 or May 9 -- would work better for you. If either day would work equally well for you, please state that.

[size=medium]EDIT 2003/03/20: The date for the Detroit / Ann Arbor Head-Fi Meet at Wadia's headquarters (in Ann Arbor) has been finalized -- it will be on [size=large]Friday, May 9, 2003, from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.[/size][/size]

Feb 22, 2003 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 78
I can work with either day...this is going to be a great event!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2003 at 1:38 AM Post #4 of 78
Come on all you good folks from South East Michigan (and surrounding areas) - if you're thinking that you're coming, we need to hear from you NOW!!

Feb 26, 2003 at 3:29 AM Post #7 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by Gord SW Ont
I live half way between Toronto and Detroit and that makes it a lot closer than most of these headphone events
biggrin.gif

I'm just wondering how long it's taking these days to get across the border??? Anybody have any recent experience?
confused.gif

Would be a blast to attend!

Gord

Gord:

My experience with the border crossing lately is that it does take significantly longer to cross if you attempt to do so during morning or evening rush hour. Seems a lot of you Canadians work on our side of the border...and vice versa. Bring a passport and birth certificate...it will help avoid hassles. The border agents used to ask for them occasionally BEFORE 9/11, and I can personally promise you that you'll at least be asked for your passport.

I'd plan for an extra 30 minutes or so...hope to see you there!!

Feb 26, 2003 at 9:39 PM Post #9 of 78
Went over through the tunnel this morning (8:00am) and back across the bridge (Detroit) at 3:00pm. No significant delay at all. If you have a passport it is a good idea (never tried with a birth certificate but I hear it works).

Just stay to the left heading up to the Ambassador Bridge and you'll cruise through (trucks are to the right). The delay's aren't as much from the inspection of cars (they are checked quickly), it is from the large trucks.

Even better is the Blue Water bridge (Sarnia / Port Huron) depending on where your coming from.

I cross at least 1x/week and have had no problems.

Mar 2, 2003 at 8:32 PM Post #11 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by btaki
well it seems that i'm coming too ,i live in waterford and i would love to meet with some of you enthusiasts
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you have a preference for the date??

Mar 2, 2003 at 8:36 PM Post #13 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by btaki
not really .i'm just hoping to see a lot of heaphones and amps.

Jude - Sign up another one for "no preference"
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back