Detonator and WinXP
Oct 13, 2002 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

penvzila

500+ Head-Fier
When i try to run the driver package from nvidia.com, it hangs up at 78% every time (in winxp). Anyone else have this? Know how to fix it? Note: I do not have SP1.

Oct 13, 2002 at 8:34 AM Post #5 of 8
and me...

That being said... if you do a windows update, the latest NVidia drivers are lurking in their driver update section too... if all mirror sites and other options fail... driver update could be a good last resort??

Oct 13, 2002 at 3:37 PM Post #6 of 8
The NVidia driver on the Windows Update site is version 30.87. NVidia already has the Version 40.72 on its site - but it's a WHQL Candidate "beta" driver. The latest WHQL-certified driver on NVidia's site is still version 30.82 as of this writing.

Oct 13, 2002 at 4:06 PM Post #7 of 8
I have Service Packs 1 and the latest drivers and have not had a problem. Actually, boot-up seems a little quicker. Overall XP has been the best OS I have seen from Microsoft to date.

Oct 13, 2002 at 5:26 PM Post #8 of 8
And with version 30.## or earlier Detonators (that includes the latest version available on the Windows Update site), you may also need to download and install a third-party patch to fix monitor refresh rates. You see, all of those older versions have a bug that switches your refresh rate to an eye-straining 60Hz when running Direct3D or OpenGL games or apps regardless of which resolution that you're running the app at. (Version 40.7# of the Detonators have a built-in refresh-rate fix - but it works only with Direct3D apps/games, not OpenGL apps/games.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back