Details on Karma 2..arriving soon (maybe)
Jul 23, 2004 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jb4555

New Head-Fier
Searched, didnt see any info on this posted yet, so here we go.

After being out of the headphone scene for a while, im bout to get back in, and was decieding between 4g iPod or Rio karma But......

Then I saw that Karma 2 is set to (supposedly) come out soon. Details are scarce, but there has been a lot of speculation on riovolution.com about Karma 2 features, and this has been backed up by a post on IGN.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/521/521258p1.html

Basics of that story are that the Karma 2 is on track to be the smallest of the 20gb hd players on the market, will have a color LCD and an SD expansion slot to "allow swapping files on the drive"

Rumors on other sites have been that wireless connectivity will also be included on some of the new Rio models.

http://www.engadget.com/

This site speculates that Karma 2 is due for offical unveiling some time in August, so I think I'll have to stave off my burning desire for some new gear and see what Rio has to offer. With the introducution of the new 4g Ipods, I think there's a good chance Rio will try to get this product out as soon as possible with fresh new mp3 player buyers out there, excited by the new iPods.

Jul 23, 2004 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 4
The first part is old news, the second part is somewhat new.

"Rio has announced that at that the start of August it will be announcing a number of new products to the MP3 market."

"Rio has announced that new models are on the way but details are still thin on the ground."

Source: Pocket lint

Jul 23, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai
The first part is old news, the second part is somewhat new.

"Rio has announced that at that the start of August it will be announcing a number of new products to the MP3 market."

"Rio has announced that new models are on the way but details are still thin on the ground."

Source: Pocket lint

yeah saw that earlier but pocket-lint may have pulled this out of thier ass. can't find _anywhere_ that has any Rio "announcement" they are talking about. pffft

Users who are viewing this thread

Back