Detailing Live tracks on albums and/or compilations?
Mar 2, 2009 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BloodSugar00

Headphoneus Supremus
Yo!

Been in the throws of properly and thoroughly archiving my music collection for the last few weeks- including tagging- and one little nuance is bugging me- how do identify the date and venue of odd (ie not from live albums/whole gigs) live tracks on records? If it's not in the CD liner notes- which, often in these instances, I've found it isn't- then I'm lost with where to find this information! Anybody offer any resource for such? I know its on the anal side but that's the level of desired thoroughness I've gotten to with this process!
tongue.gif

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 3
I am not aware of any sort of central repository for that information. Beyond that, the combined power of the internet and obsessive fans should serve you well.

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for your suggestions and they are the logical next avenues one could use to try and find such info! It was a hopeful punt, admittedly. I've tried searching the internet but have found nothing immediate there. I suppose forums, like this one, would be the best place(s) to get such details; just have to find some
wink.gif

Open question to anyone: Any other Artist-Album Release database sites, akin to Discogs and Rate Your Music? Alternatives of essentially the same animal? I ask as knowing a few more of these might allow me to gain more info/details on certain releases and/or tracklists of releases I have and/or may aquire in the future and save me time having to search down more convoluted and attenuated avenues for such information (the above or other nuggets I'm after). Also, using more than one helps for more accurate capturisation of album details (things such as specific issue of a record, genre/s etc). Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back