detail freak! Beta22 or Bijou?
Nov 2, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #16 of 17
I hear you about the dynamics stuff.

It would be nice to have an "all in one" solution where I could plug in my headphones, full range speakers and stax into one item.

A B22 with some modifications could be up to the task.
It would mean building the SRD-7 MK2 (1 normal and 1 pro bias) from a schematic into the same case, but it might just be better to keep the transformer separate...I know that there is an older Tube DIY Electrostatic amp that was published in the early 80's. Saw it once come up on eBay, but forgot to hold the listing.

BTW: Did you ever get your Balanced SSMH working? I went with a wiring similar to the EHHA for the active ground and am very happy with it (sounds more SS-like than the 2 channel IMO)

EDIT: The Stacker II seems like a good bit of fun as you can roll in a lot of tubes.

Nov 2, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #17 of 17
Based on your answers, it seems like I would have to go the b22 route... Would it be really _that_ expensive to build a 3-channel b22 with stock parts?

Or maybe I'll just settle with a m^3 and a proper power supply to satisfy my need for a proper SS amp... that should be much more affordable.

As for the SOHA II, I thought about building it, too. But then, I don't know if the improvement over my SOHA v1 will justify the investment.

-=Germania=-, just e-mail Jeff, he sent me his SOHA II BOM just yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back