Detail and resolution without treble emphasis
Sep 10, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundogan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find the DX1000 more detailed than the HD600 (and HD650 from remembrance) because of its excellent seperation, soundstage and balanced, controlled bass and they're not hot on the treble (altho maybe a bit more extended/balanced than the HD600).

The seperation and soundstage might be a negative thing tho on some records and some (many?) find the DX1000 too much on the bass heavy side.

Wouldn't be surprised if a headphone like the DT48 would be even more detailed, looking at its praise here on head-fi and its dead flat freq graphs
regular_smile .gif

One of the negatives of the DT48 is the lack of treble emphasis, especially the a model.. It's practically muted IMO.. I'm a laymen here, but, usually dynamic cans that are called detailed are bright with extended highs, & a heavy treble emphasis in certain frequencies.. So can someone enlighten me, what makes a detailed headphone if it is not treble orientated or bright.

Sep 10, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #17 of 19
I think a headphone being bright is a very cheap way of bringing out details. What you say about the DT48 makes me really want to hear a pair! I think ideally, refined headphones are able to resolve microdetails subtley without throwing them straight into your face. Not many headphones can do this though, and if I had found one I could afford then I'd have been out'a here a long time ago!

Sep 10, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So can someone enlighten me, what makes a detailed headphone if it is not treble orientated or bright.

Kinda what I said I guess. Seperation, enough 'air' between the instruments, soundstage, non-overwhelming frequenties.

Sep 10, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #19 of 19
speed and more speed really is what gundogan is talking about. That is the key for detail, soundstaging, separation, air. Fast headphones don´t have to cheat in any way to bring out the detail. And of course good dynamics with good extension both up and down. I don´t see how flat headphones that have no bass or treble could be seen as detailed more then in the mid range of course
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back