Detachable Cable With A Plug Instead Of A Mount?
Feb 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bassix

100+ Head-Fier
I accidentally bought a 3.5mm male to female extender cable for my lack of research on how to do it as I am an audionoob. I learned that I am still able to do it, it will just take a lot more work than expected. Is there anybody that could show me some sort of guide, or give an explanation?

I am doing it as a test on a pair of $10 audiology headphones as I am testing all my modifications on these old junkers since I have my M50's now :D

You can help me on here,
through a PM, or,
Skype me at : Fp.Unholy

Nate~

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm not quite getting what you want to do, do you want to install a male plug within the headphones?

If so, I would advise you to not, rather install a female socket and connect an interconnect at the end, i.e. between the female extender cable and your audiosource. Or just bring the cable back to where you bought it. :D

Feel free to ask further questions. :D

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
I'm not quite getting what you want to do, do you want to install a male plug within the headphones?

If so, I would advise you to not, rather install a female socket and connect an interconnect at the end, i.e. between the female extender cable and your audiosource. Or just bring the cable back to where you bought it. :D

Feel free to ask further questions. :D

I would take it back, but I bought it off of Amazon, I was told I could still do it, but it would be more complicated and not as good a look as using mounts.

BTW I bought basically a 3.5mm extending cable, a male and a female, aka a plug and a jack. i plan on cutting the plug off and trying to make my headphones have a removable cable mod, remember I;m using a junk pair as a test though.

Feb 22, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #4 of 4
So you have a cable with a male and a female end? Why not cut of the femal end instead? Or just buy a female panel mount at your nearest hardware store and a male to male IC/ cable?
Much easier, more reliable and imo, much sleeker looking.

And the extender cable, you can use as an extender cable.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back