Despartely need headband mod for HFI 780
Jan 3, 2010 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

RichieLitt

100+ Head-Fier
I got the beyer 250 pads that solves the sweating issue that the pleather pads had, but I still hate the stupid piece of pleather in the center of the headband. It digs into my head and removes any sense of comfort. What can I do?

Edit: Sorry for the typo in the thread title

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #2 of 9
Nevermind. It was kind of an abrupt decision, but I ripped the dumb thing out, and taped a bunch of pieces of cotton around the headband. No more pressure on the center of the head.

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the rip and tape method. That should do it.

x2, it's really a lovely approach
k701smile.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #5 of 9
I would have thought some velvet would make it look nice
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #6 of 9
I really think someone needs to design a new headband for the HFI-780. I am recieving my ALO-780 today and going to put Velour DT 250 pads on them when they arrive and I think a nice looking, yet sturdy headband would complete these cans. I think I have something in mind, maybe stuffing a bit of Velour or felt with foam and replacing the pile of junk pleather bit with it? I am no DIY person by all means so I couldn't full re-design a completely new headband
frown.gif
I would love something that isn't made from cheap plastic that ruins the looks of the 780. Wood would look weird with these and metal would be good but would take a long time to design a decent one and I could imagine it would cost a lot of money to buy it. I wanna replace that pleather bit with something better for now
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #8 of 9
Haha that's not nice
frown.gif
I was looking forward to my ALO-780. I love the metal cups but the rest if the design looks very plasticky and cheap, looks like i could bend it a tiny bit and it would snap.

Jan 6, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #9 of 9
Haha arrived about 30 mins ago and listening to some music with 'em right now, have to use a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor tho coz of my amp, sorry Furutech plug
frown.gif
I actually find that the pleather padding on them is good for support, it isn't uncomfortable. The actual pleather earpads are though, they dig into my jaw bone, getting velour in a few weeks tho
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back