Desktop speakers?
Dec 13, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #16 of 19
Sdarr found some good stuff and craigslist is going to be your friend on this.  

Quote:
throw a party in a small apartment

A set of floor/tower speakers should be all you need for this.  Small spaces tend to amplify bass a bit but you can always add a powered sub later.

As for what brand or specific model, just go with whatever you like.  I only know what my stuff sounds like and can't comment on brand x being better than brand y.  I think any receiver that puts out around 75 watts/channel and speakers that have 8" or larger woofers will be what you want.

Dec 13, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #17 of 19
I'm going to email both ad holders about the receiver and speakers. Hopefully they can give me some more info. Thanks to the both of you for the help!

Dec 13, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #19 of 19

Quote:
I'm thinking it's the same person. You should be able to audition them together to hear how they sound. I also found this, http://nh.craigslist.org/ele/2108671584.html . If book shelves are what you need. With 8" woofers you may not need a sub. Infinity, another good brand.

Ohh, I like these a lot SDaRR! I just realized something too, my parents have a semi new Sony receiver in their entertainment center from the guy they bought their house from. I'm going to investigate it a bit, and tell you what it's called. If my mom doesn't need it, which she probably doesn't, then I'll have scored a new receiver! The best part is, the guy we bought the house from was filthy rich and put nice ceiling speakers throughout the house and the yard. These are all hooked up to the receiver too, so I'm guessing it's a good receiver...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back