Desktop speaker stands
Mar 20, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wood Technologies made some nice ones:

fghseries_lg.jpg

I have the 8" stand -- the short one in front of all the other stands in the photo. Mine is all black. It's very nice and well made. It's big enough to accomodate larger speakers. I have the Paradigm Atom v5 sitting on my desk on top of the stands.

Mar 20, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcMasterJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use four Herbie's Medium Fat Dots under each of my speakers.

bookshelves? i'm looking for something for my PSB Alpha A/V on my table.. don't know which to choose from Herbie due to the extreme plethora of choices with lack of explanation...

Mar 20, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ixeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bookshelves? i'm looking for something for my PSB Alpha A/V on my table.. don't know which to choose from Herbie due to the extreme plethora of choices with lack of explanation...

Yeah, I use them under my Von Schweikert VR-1's, which are fairly large bookshelf speakers. Email Herbie's Audio Lab and ask him which Fat Dots he recommends for your specific speakers. That's what I did.

Mar 21, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcMasterJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I use them under my Von Schweikert VR-1's, which are fairly large bookshelf speakers. Email Herbie's Audio Lab and ask him which Fat Dots he recommends for your specific speakers. That's what I did.

thanks mate, thats what i did..and to my surprise they recommended something cheaper.. the extra thick grungebuster mini dots.. i must say this is a first time in my audio life that someone did not try to recommend something "one-up". man these guys sure are honest with their products and do not try to sell you what you don't need.. surely a confident booster.

i'll get it and report back.

May 14, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by spyderx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I made some:
desk.jpg

What kind of wood did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back