Desktop speaker stands for Audioengine A5 needed
May 24, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbf1138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to find some decent stands to elevate my new A5s up off my desk, not only to save desk space but also to be at a better listening height. I'm thinking about checking out Office Depot or staples even, to see if I can find something that would function both as elevators as well as desk organization. Any suggestions, whether real stands or some sort of desk organization improv set would be great.
Thanks!

I don't have the A5s, but AVi's ADM 9.1s. They are elevated off of my desk by a single-thickness platform of two common bricks, and tilted back on two large rubber doorstops.

Very high-tech. Very effective. The elevation and tilt stopped reflections off of the desk top that were totally buggering the imaging. They sound absolutley wonderful, and all of the materials were found in my tool shed.

Tim

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #34 of 38
I just use these for speaker stands.

042-1.jpg

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega17TheTrue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those empty plastic boxes must resonate a lot.
dt880smile.png

Not as much as you'd think. I thought that they would at first, but I was surprised. I did however make myself some pads for underneath them from materials I found at work.

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #38 of 38
Reviving an old thread,

I just got these and things are sounding a little boomy, problem is they are sitting over a glass/wood surface  which I guess gives that off..   Would vibration pads under them help? Or should I just get them off the desk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back