Desktop shelves/rack
Nov 2, 2020 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Curtisvill

100+ Head-Fier
I have been searching for a shelving unit or rack for my desktop setup. Space constraints are one of my challenges, I have about 15" to work with width wise, depth is not as much of a concern. I am curious what others have found or are using. Currently all I need shelves for ar my DAC and a tube amp but an additional shelf or two would not be a deal breaker. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John

Nov 2, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #2 of 5
Are you interested in DIY solutions or to purchase a finished product?

I made a mini-rack DIY using the TnT Flexy shelf design concept. It can be customized to fit your needs perfectly.

Otherwise, Topping make a little acrylic shelf/rack that is cheap and attractive enough. Only issue is its quite small.

Sep 19, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 5
I did a small desktop audio rack from the cut boards 25x33x2cm, threaded sticks M12, bolts and washers. It is adjustable in case that you want to change the height of a DAC or AMP. It was dirt cheap around 40,- euros

Attachments

• empty rack1.JPG
    empty rack1.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 0
  • empty rack2.JPG
    empty rack2.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
  • full rack1.JPG
    full rack1.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 0
  • full rack2.JPG
    full rack2.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 19, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #5 of 5
I did a small desktop audio rack from the cut boards 25x33x2cm, threaded sticks M12, bolts and washers. It is adjustable in case that you want to change the height of a DAC or AMP. It was dirt cheap around 40,- euros

That is amazing work! Much respect!

Looks like the same design schematic that I have used for both of my DIY racks, as well. It's a very stable design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back