Desktop Power Supply Cable
Feb 11, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowmark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it possible to upgrade the cable from the Desktop Power Supply to the Amp?

If you are desperate, yes. There was a company marketing 'audiophile' upgrade cables with the same din connectors on Audiogon - don't know if they are still there. Otherwise you could always make your own, or have one of the many head-fi cable makers make you a bespoke one. I personally wouldn't waste the money, but YMMV. In terms of the possibilities, there is nothing special about the connector cables except the connectors and pinout, so as long as those are matched in the new cable, you can use anything you like (assuming it is capable of carrying sufficient current)...

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowmark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it possible to upgrade the cable from the Desktop Power Supply to the Amp?

Hello ArrowMark,

The Sloth is correct (as usual!
wink.gif
) ... I've not seen those "upgraded" 5-pin DIN power cables available for some time on Audiogon but they may indeed still be out there somewhere ... Regrettably, HeadRoom is not currently set-up for much customized cable work at the present time.

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Jul 2, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 5
Since I'm a neat freak, I'd like to make a nice short cable. What pins carry the DC+/ground? The original BS1 cable design also had audio signal + ground, I'm guessing the other three pins are not needed for power?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back