Desktop portable accesories
Dec 14, 2005 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

officerdoofy

New Head-Fier
Well I should be ordering my HeadRoom Desktop Portable (home module and DAC option) very soon here. I'm mainly going to be using it with my HD 650's at home, but sometimes will be using it with my Ipod on the road. My question is what method would everyone reccomend for doing this. My thought was to get a TURBO ipod connector for a line out (from what I understand, this is the highest grade connector there is for this purpose). Then either going with a 1/8" to rca or 1/8 to 1/8. Thats where I don't know what to do. Also, which cable to select for that purpose (brand and model wise).

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Robby

Dec 14, 2005 at 6:42 AM Post #2 of 5
The only "branded" cables I've used are Cardas mini-to-mini and Zu Cable Pivot mini-to-RCA interconnects.

I've also used several cables made by Head-Fi members RnB180 and Highflyin9. They and other DIYers can make you cables which cost a fraction of comparable commercially produced brand name cables. I'm particularly fond of Highflyin9's Xev and Vray cables. Shoot him a PM with your needs. He's very responsive and helpful.

Dec 15, 2005 at 8:01 AM Post #4 of 5
The best VFM options are either the Cardas mini - mini cable which is excellent for the money, or the straightwire mini - RCA, again very good value.

I'm not sure about the very high end solutions. I'm not really sure it's worth spending that much to connect to an iPod, but others may disagree. For what it's worth, I am happily using the Cardas 6" mini - mini to connect my iPod to my (mutant) Desktop Portable with Home Module (bedside system).

Dec 17, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 5
Alright, I ordered my desktop portable yesterday. I'm really excited to see what this does to my HD-650's. I'll post some thoughts once I get it and listen for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back