Desktop Portable 2007
Aug 10, 2007 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Cecala

Headphoneus Supremus
Is anybody contemplating the purchase of Headrooms 'Portable Desktop 2007' amp when it comes out shortly?
I would like to see a review of this amp/dac combo.

Aug 11, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 8
I am and I wrote to HR to see their thoughts on the 2007 Desktop Portable and its upgradability. Here's the response I got. Definitely on my "try" list.

Hello Scott,

Thanks for your e-mail ...

The HeadRoom 2007 Micro Portable will be available around Oct 1.

The 2007 Desktop Portable unit is nearing its release date of the week of August 20 and everything appears to be on schedule for that amp to roll-out on time as of this writing. There are no upgrade options available with the 2007 Desktop Portable Amp -- we've basically made it as 'hot-rodded' as possible given the power limitations of the 4-cell lithium rechargeables used in that model.

The re-chargeable 2007 Micro Portables are VERY close in overall sound quality & specs to the current Micro Amp / Micro DAC separates -- but are likely a point or two below the disposable-battery units in head-to-head analysis ... However, those small audio differences might be made negligible by the re-chargeable battery convenience (and lack of battery expenses!) and the simple 'one-box' design of the new 2007 models.

Please feel free to reply if any further questions, Scott ...

Cheers!
www.headphone.com
Jorge Cervera
Sales Manager / Staff Writer
HeadRoom Corporation
2020 Gilkerson Drive
Bozeman Montana USA

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for sharing George's impressions on the desktop 2007. They look like a great unit and I would be interested in hearing some impressions when they come out.

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:25 AM Post #4 of 8
Headroom's Micro line is amazing. If this is even a slight upgrade from their old series, it will be a worthy endeavor.

Headroom's amps, I swear, is made for Sennhesier. If I ever get deep into Sennhesier headphones, my first choice will be Headroom amps.

Aug 11, 2007 at 8:32 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headroom's Micro line is amazing. If this is even a slight upgrade from their old series, it will be a worthy endeavor.

Headroom's amps, I swear, is made for Sennhesier. If I ever get deep into Sennhesier headphones, my first choice will be Headroom amps.

I agree Redo. When I had my HR amp with my HD650 it had a great synergy.

Aug 11, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 8
i have the 07 desktop portable on order.
i 1st heard it at the san jose ca headfest meet last april and was very impressed indeed! i currently have the balanced max 06 & the desktop 05 with max dac & max module for my office, and would never part with either!!
the major thing for me personally about headroom products is the amazing synergy between senns hd650s & h.r amps.. the other key feature is the built in dacs that have been TUNED TOGETHER creating synergy right down the line. i used to own the micro stack which i loved as well,and only sold it because of the battery configuration,life etc.
i have owned many other solid state amps that have been very dry and overly analytical which is not the case with h.r. these amps are very musical and liquid.

Aug 11, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #7 of 8
:| In reply to the micro, I would really like to mix and match portable DAC's and amps. This trend of late seems to be showing that I probably won't be able to do this.

Is it too much to ask to want to use a LISA III with a DAC?
frown.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by decur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have the 07 desktop portable on order.
i 1st heard it at the san jose ca headfest meet last april and was very impressed indeed! i currently have the balanced max 06 & the desktop 05 with max dac & max module for my office, and would never part with either!!
the major thing for me personally about headroom products is the amazing synergy between senns hd650s & h.r amps.. the other key feature is the built in dacs that have been TUNED TOGETHER creating synergy right down the line. i used to own the micro stack which i loved as well,and only sold it because of the battery configuration,life etc.
i have owned many other solid state amps that have been very dry and overly analytical which is not the case with h.r. these amps are very musical and liquid.

Thank You Decur,
I needed to hear this. I trust you will keep us posted when and wow and with pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back