Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650
May 14, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #32 of 38
Have you ordered the O2Di yet?

If not here's what I went for..

http://www.headnhifi.com/amplifiers/O2-desktop-amplifier

and..

http://www.headnhifi.com/dac/odac-xl-version

They worked pretty well with the HD 650 and have great connectivity options.

As others have stated though, the 650 only gets better & better when you spend more on the amp. Buying two separate units as I've linked to above would allow you to trade the O2 amp at a later date for something better whilst still holding on to the ODAC for your source.

Hopefully I'm not too late with this suggestion.

Gordon.

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #33 of 38
If you can swing the money for it, the darkvoice 336se is a really good amp for it. I actually preferred it to the crack. Really makes the hd 650 sound alive, and is my current system.

Totally agreed. With RCA 6AS7G power tube and Sylvania 6SN7GTB driver tube. Tubes that don't cost an arm and a leg but sound so good. Relax sit back and enjoy.

May 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #34 of 38
Hi mates..i have sennheiser hd650 and i want a good desktop dac/amp for it..and i only can buy from chinese brand..what is your seggestion? I have chord mojo but i feel isnt enough at all..my budget is 350us $ Thanks for your help

Dec 3, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #36 of 38
Hi mates..i have sennheiser hd650 and i want a good desktop dac/amp for it..and i only can buy from chinese brand..what is your seggestion? I have chord mojo but i feel isnt enough at all..my budget is 350us $ Thanks for your help
Check out the nfb11.28 vs r2r thread. The end game for all mid fi amp dacs, and for a portable solution maybe the iDSD Black Edition. This combo sounds really good. Vocals really come forward at max power and sounds pop out of nowhere, in a good way, I often turn and look around Wondering if there's a speaker somewhere in the room.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #37 of 38
Does anybody know whether or not a LaFigaro 339 would drive my HD650 headphones better than a Lotoo Paw Gold Diana? Or at least how much better?

download.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back