Desktop Headphone Amp With Bluetooth Transmitter?
Sep 28, 2019 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mjm2705

New Head-Fier
Hi, apologies if covered elsewhere (I have searched, honest!)

When I'm listening to vinyl at home, it's 80% via wired headphones connected to a LittleDot I valve headphone amp fed from zone 2 on main AV amp ... Not perfect but perfectly adequate

I listen a lot in the office and on the go via various wireless head / earphones and would like the option to be able to use these sometimes for convenience when listening to vinyl or streamed audio from my server (Sonos Connect is also fed to the LittleDot via the AV amp).

I'm therefore looking for a desktop headphone amp (doesn't need to have a DAC) that my AV amp can feed wired but can output HQ Bluetooth (Aptx / Aptx HD / LDAC) to feed wireless headphones as well as being able to drive wired headphones when needed.

Do such things exist?

Oct 3, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 6
Zero responses to this but I've made progress by adding a Bluetooth transmitter to my setup.

Aptx enabled, connected from the headphone out on my desktop amp via a splitter that allows my wired headphones to be enabled in addition to the BT transmitter.

Sounds pretty good to my Grado GW100 (Aptx) and Bose QC35 (SBC only) from my turntable via the LittleDot+ ... Not done any extending listening yet though.

Would still like to know if there's any decent desktop headphone Amos with integrated BT transmitter out there.

Oct 6, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #3 of 6
Hidzis ap80 dap. Buy it and use it as an ldac transmitter for pc. So far it's the only lag free way to get wireless pc audio that I've seen.

I'm between that, the hd58x, and a new TV.

Oct 6, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 6
I've been looking at the NAD D3020 V2 / D3045 as a desktop speaker amp / DAC thing-y. It has a phono stage as well, meaning I can play-back from any source with speakers and headphones. It has 2-way bluetooth, so can transmit as well as receive.

Oct 7, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #5 of 6
I've been looking at the NAD D3020 V2 / D3045 as a desktop speaker amp / DAC thing-y. It has a phono stage as well, meaning I can play-back from any source with speakers and headphones. It has 2-way bluetooth, so can transmit as well as receive.

Nice.
Me... Newbie.

Jan 26, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #6 of 6
Zero responses to this but I've made progress by adding a Bluetooth transmitter to my setup.

Aptx enabled, connected from the headphone out on my desktop amp via a splitter that allows my wired headphones to be enabled in addition to the BT transmitter.

Sounds pretty good to my Grado GW100 (Aptx) and Bose QC35 (SBC only) from my turntable via the LittleDot+ ... Not done any extending listening yet though.

Would still like to know if there's any decent desktop headphone Amos with integrated BT transmitter out there.

I have been looking for a headphone amp that can take a wired signal from my Audio-Technica turntable (has a preamp - also has bluetooth) and send out a bluetooth signal to my Hifiman DEVA headphones. They already pair directly but I can't control the volume at either end and it's much too loud. I'm hoping an amp in between could help me to control the volume. Yours is the only post I've seen that talks about putting out a bluetooth signal for bluetooth headpones. Will your setup do that? If so what is the device you're using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back