Desktop equivalent of E11
Mar 24, 2014 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

VandaL4125

New Head-Fier
I recently bought a sennheiser pc350se + fiio e11. They sound great paired together. But being a gamer I tend to need the amplifier for extended periods of time and the battery cannot keep up and the bl-5b it is shipped with seems to not be holding charge after just 3 months.

Is there a USB powered desktop amp that is similarly priced with the same power the e11 has? With the same 3.5mm in and 3.5mm out as the e11. I believe I looked at the e9/10 and that required Rca inputs. I have a creative titanium HD sound card so a dac would be a waste of money.

Mar 24, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #2 of 8
If you like FiiO and your sound; jut get an E9k and run 3.5mm->RCA; it's a direct conversion so no loss in quality.  

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #4 of 8
I used an e9k from my X-FI happily for a couple years; only reason I moved on was I needed more power for hd650s when I got them. Best bang for you buck?  Fairly subjective; but I was happy (and still use e9k/e17 combo at work)

Apr 5, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 8
Yes. The e17 is a tiny bit more powerful than the e11. Have both.

The good thing about the e17 is that it is also a DAC. Which in turn uses it instead of your sound card. That on its own us an upgrade from the sound card sound. It's cleaner. No hiss. No double amping.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #8 of 8
Since you have the Titanium HD, doesn't it have line out capability? If so, you don't need a DAC. Just get the Magni. That's the best headphone amp for $100. An alternative which is just as good and a little more portable is the Objective 2 (O2) amp. But it would require charging, yet can be used while charging. Both of these require wall plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back