Desktop audio budget options
Apr 18, 2013 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jpr82

New Head-Fier
[size=medium]Hi![/size]
[size=medium]I’m planning to buy some array that can output some decent sound from my computer. I use it mainly for music (jazz, blues, rock) and movies (not explosion or chasing films). [/size][size=medium]I’ve been doing some research here and I came to this:[/size]

[size=medium]1) Usb -> Fiio L7 + Fiio E17 -> krk rokit 5[/size]
[size=medium]2) Basic sound card with digital out -> Fiio E17 -> krk rokit 5[/size]
[size=medium]3) Usb ->Fiio E17 + Fiio L7 -> Edifier r1900t3[/size]
[size=medium]4) Basic sound card with digital out -> Fiio E17 -> Edifier r1900t3[/size]

[size=medium]What would you think of these arrays? Can you think of something like this in the same price range?[/size]

[size=medium]I currently don’t have headphones that need amp, but I wouldn’t mind having an amplifier just in case.[/size]
[size=medium]I live in Argentina and it’s not easy to buy all. For example, you can't get nothing from audioengine at a normal price.[/size]
[size=medium]Thanks![/size]

Apr 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
[size=medium]Hi![/size]
[size=medium]I’m planning to buy some array that can output some decent sound from my computer. I use it mainly for music (jazz, blues, rock) and movies (not explosion or chasing films). [/size][size=medium]I’ve been doing some research here and I came to this:[/size]

[size=medium]1) Usb -> Fiio L7 + Fiio E17 -> krk rokit 5[/size]
[size=medium]2) Basic sound card with digital out -> Fiio E17 -> krk rokit 5[/size]
[size=medium]3) Usb ->Fiio E17 + Fiio L7 -> Edifier r1900t3[/size]
[size=medium]4) Basic sound card with digital out -> Fiio E17 -> Edifier r1900t3[/size]

[size=medium]What would you think of these arrays? Can you think of something like this in the same price range?[/size]

[size=medium]I currently don’t have headphones that need amp, but I wouldn’t mind having an amplifier just in case.[/size]
[size=medium]I live in Argentina and it’s not easy to buy all. For example, you can't get nothing from audioengine at a normal price.[/size]
[size=medium]Thanks![/size]

Can you get Schiit gear in Argentina?

Apr 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
It's really hard to get Schiit here. Do you think schiit Modi is the right choice within this price range?

It's a great little DAC. $250 would get you the Modi, the Magni, and some nice cables. It blows away FiiO's DACs, as they are made for portable use. So you are paying for a DAC, as well as an amp and a battery. Modi is just a DAC, so you get more bang for your buck.

Apr 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #5 of 6
You seem convinced on the fiio e17,are you looking for portable use as well?
If not,I'd put the aune  T1 on your list for affordable external DAC/AMP solutions.
I have the sr80i's,and they do benefit greatly from an amp.

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
You seem convinced on the fiio e17,are you looking for portable use as well?
If not,I'd put the aune  T1 on your list for affordable external DAC/AMP solutions.
I have the sr80i's,and they do benefit greatly from an amp.

Hi bustersgotavmax,
No, I'm not looking for portability. I've just picked the Fiio because I read in the forum that is a very known device and have a good reputation. Besides I can get it here at a decent price, wich by the way is twice what you pay in U.S.
Lets say I just need a good DAC for my PC. Not necesarely USB DAC because I can probably get a cheap sound card with digital out.
It is easier to find a device in Argentina's market if it's from a main brand or at least a midknown brand.
Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back