Desktop Amps with Voltage Selectors
Apr 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

haejuk

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to come up with a list of amps that have voltage selectors.  This would be a little rotary switch in the back of the amp where you can select mains voltage (like 115v or 230v).  This is a really nice feature to have when you move between regions and don't want to buy/sell your gear each time you move. 

I know most Meier Corda amps have this feature.  I had built a Beta22 with this feature, but sadly had to sell it for financial reasons.  I guess the O2 could be considered a desktop amp and you can easily get a different wall-wart for whatever region you are in.  What other amps are out there that allow the user to select the mains voltage?

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 6
Whatever amplifiers that you can look up and see pictures of online and check for that mains voltage selector. 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #3 of 6
Yes.  I have done that for amps that I am interested in, but I usually come up disappointed seeing a sticker on the back that indicates the voltage it is wired up for.  Since no one is chiming in with anything that I glaringly missed, I am guessing this is a pretty uncommon feature for whatever reason.  I found it pretty easy to implement on DIY amps, but I am not keen on trying to find replacement power transformers and drilling out an extra hole for voltage selection in commercial amps.

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Yes.  I have done that for amps that I am interested in, but I usually come up disappointed seeing a sticker on the back that indicates the voltage it is wired up for.  Since no one is chiming in with anything that I glaringly missed, I am guessing this is a pretty uncommon feature for whatever reason.  I found it pretty easy to implement on DIY amps, but I am not keen on trying to find replacement power transformers and drilling out an extra hole for voltage selection in commercial amps.

Woo.

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 6
Of the models i know, Music hall and Burson audio have it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back