Desktop Amp Recom. for LCD-3 and Amiron Home Headphones
Feb 22, 2017 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Aegruin

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I need need desktop amp recommendations for LCD-3 and Beyerdynamic Amiron Home.

If possible I generally prefer vacuum tube amps because they tend to have a organic, dark and lush sound. I also prefer second hand. My budget is $700-800, please do recommend me amps that are powerful enough to drive LCD3 and Amiron without problems. After all, they are both power-hungry cans.

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 4
If you're into hybrid tube amps, I'd recommend the Lyr 2, which will have plenty of power and sounds somewhat different with tube rolling. There's also the mjolnir 2 that's about $50 over your budget, also a hybrid tube amp. I haven't tried the Valhalla 2, but Schiit makes good quality products so I'm sure this amp is good too. And there's also the Bottlehead tube amps too that get thrown around on the forums (probably more so than the Valhalla 2).

Edit: I see you have a source in your signature.
Do you have a DAC? There's the Schiit modi 2 / uber / multibit without breaking bank. Haven't heard this one either as I have the Bifrost Uber.

Feb 22, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 4
  If you're into hybrid tube amps, I'd recommend the Lyr 2, which will have plenty of power and sounds somewhat different with tube rolling. There's also the mjolnir 2 that's about $50 over your budget, also a hybrid tube amp. I haven't tried the Valhalla 2, but Schiit makes good quality products so I'm sure this amp is good too. And there's also the Bottlehead tube amps too that get thrown around on the forums (probably more so than the Valhalla 2).

Edit: I see you have a source in your signature.
Do you have a DAC? There's the Schiit modi 2 / uber / multibit without breaking bank. Haven't heard this one either as I have the Bifrost Uber.

Thank you for the recommendation.

I thought about Lyr 2 but since it is not balanced, I don't know.
I'll look into Mjolnir 2 now.
I've heard bottleheads were tight and more analytical for a tube amp but I'll do my search for it. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #4 of 4
Bump.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm thinking about Woo Audio WA6-SE or Audio-GD NFB-1AMP. Is there anyone who tried one of these with an Amiron or LCD-3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back