Desktop amp+dac for my Shure SRH840
Mar 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

infinitesnow

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I'm searching for a Amp+Dac combo for my Shures to use at home with my Macbook pro, with a 200$ budget. I've searched the forum for hours, but didn't come to a conclusion, I'm more confused than before. I've seen so many stuff (Hifiman ef2a, aune t1, fiio combos, audio gd nfb 12.1, nuforce udac-2, ibasso d10...) but couldn't understand what is good for me, also considering that many threads are 2-3 years old.
Good USB input is preferred, but also coaxial is ok. I'd prefer not to spend money in unuseful stuff like batteries and so on since I'll be using it only at home, and I'd prefer to avoid lots of controls like filters etc. I would essentially like to pay only for a good sound quality, with a good quality/price ratio.

Can you help me? 
normal_smile .gif

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi, thank you very much for your answer!
I did: but I live in Italy, and Modi+Magni is not so handy, I would have to pay a lot for shipping and import fees, I would have two plugs and I would need an adapter for 240V. I have read that the O2+ODAC is similar to the Schiit combo, and since I would pay it the same amount, I think I could rather buy an O2+ODAC from epiphany acoustics which is shipped from the UK. Anyway, I don't know how it compares to the JDS labs version, nor with the Aune T1, so I would still like to hear some comments on them, I'm reading some threads here, too. Anyone who can tell me something about this?

Any other piece of advice is welcome, thank you very much again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back