Derek Trucks fans: Live at the Georgia Theatre
Dec 23, 2004 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Canman

Headphoneus Supremus
Derek Trucks is one of my favorite guitarists and one of the best bands on the live scene.

I didn't know about this special 2-CD set until I saw it for sale at a concert I went to.

Live at the Georgia Theatre is a show from 2003, featuring a bunch of songs from Joyful Noise among others. The setlist is great and the playing is incendiary. Plus its on sale at Sony Music store for $9.00 plus shipping.

The only downside is that the recording quality is a little flat. The music more than makes up for the recording quality. For me, the band's studio recordings don't quite capture the soul that pours out of Derek's guitar when he plays live. I've seen him four times and each show is better and better.

I think it's only available at www.sonymusicstore.com. If you are a Derek Trucks fan its highly recommended.

Dec 24, 2004 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 2
Trucks is finally going to be in town in feb. and will be playing at one of my favourite venues. It is a bar and has some bad sound acoustics if you are in the back, mostly because they play the shows too damn loud. But if you are right by the stage it sounds good. I like the smaller settings because if I get there a little early I get me a spot all the way up front next to the stage, it's cheaper than the big venues too. Downside is that at bars there is usually a couple of drunk dumb f**ks acting like idiots.

I only have Soul Serenade and I like that one a lot. Plan on getting the others soon. I like SS because Trucks playing is more in control and mellow compare to some of his crazy slide playing that I like too.

And I love when Trucks is playing in the Allmans with Warren Haynes although I like Warren better. Check him out on cd or live. Anybody who likes slide playing will like Trucks playing a lot. Closest thing to Duane Allman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back