Derek & The Dominos - Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs: Hybrid SACD Layer Same As Redbook Layer?
Jul 19, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #2 of 4
Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #3 of 4
I would love to find this album in DSD 128 download

Yeah me too. It's much easier than getting the SACD. First you have to make sure it's a HYBRID SACD or else it won't work unless you HAVE an SACD player, which I don't. Then you have to research it to see if both masters are the same or not. Such a hassle. With the DSD album you simply download and you're done. Though I also downsample to AAC as I do not believe resolution matters at all as long as you're ABOVE mp3 and at or above 256 kbps AAC, though I downsample mine to 512 kbps AAC (CBR) just to be extra safe.

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #4 of 4
I would love to find this album in DSD 128 download

I e-mailed Mobile Fidelity, who is the company offering this SACD and also who mastered it, and they said:

MOFI Customer Service <cs@mofi.com>
3:48 PM (17 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Thank you for your email. Yes, it does, however the sound quality will be more apparent on an SACD player.

Customer Service
Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab

1811 W. Bryn Mawr
Chicago, IL 60660 USA
t: (312) 491-1836 f: (312) 433-0011 e: cs@mofi.com
Hours: M-F 9am-5pm

Like I said, I don't buy into all that higher resolution stuff b/c of the resolution, but because of the BETTER master. And since they now confirmed it, I will consider purchasing this SACD at some point in the near future. I had inquired about the 2 Rage Against The Machine Hybrid SACDs that are out there, and I got the same confirmation from that company as well. And I'll tell ya, BOTH sounded better just pulling from the CD track than ANY other version I had. They of course HAVE to say the quality will be better on the SACD layer b/c if you believe that then they can charge you more for it than they would a "regular" CD. When I downsample to AAC it sounds NO different than at 192/24 FLAC, so I'm sure DSD vs. AAC would be no different sounding either. Downsampling makes them smaller so I can fit more onto my phone and cloud storage, and if smaller you don't need as much battery power from your phone (or DAP) to play them.

So case closed! :L3000: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back