DEPECHE MODE ON SACD!
Apr 9, 2006 at 1:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Naga

500+ Head-Fier
i just read on wikipedia that Speak & Spell, Music for the Masses, and Violator have been re-mastered and re-released on SACD and CD

oh **** son time to get a CE595!

Apr 9, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 24
Yeah, and all of their CD's are supposed to be available on SACD this year.

I am waiting for their release.

Apr 9, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 24
The albums are being released on two discs - a remastered stereo CD/SACD and a DVD with DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1 and PCM Stereo mixes. The DVD will include a number of bonus tracks as well as footage of the band. This all comes in a nice new package with expanded liner notes and pictures.

The band's entire catalogue (minus Playing The Angel) is being given this treatment and the albums will be released in steps. Speak & Spell, Music For The Masses and Violator are being released first on April 25th in the US (they're already available in Europe).

Here's the official Remasters micro-site.

Apr 10, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by afxdave
Please look at an online auction website based in San Jose. I've seen many UK sellers with them for about $30 each.

Thanks, but I've ordered "Violator" and "Music for the Masses" from Amazon.co.uk for ~$35 shipped for both.

Apr 12, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Thanks, but I've ordered "Violator" and "Music for the Masses" from Amazon.co.uk for ~$35 shipped for both.

I did the same. Shipped overseas cheaper than I can get 2 CDs here most of the time
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #11 of 24
I received my copies today, the SACD's sound great. But the DVD's wont play on my player, these wouldn't be region encoded would they?

Edit: nevermind, I should have remembered the PAL issue! They play fine on my computer, but thats it. Oh well, at least the SACD's work and sound great.

I get the dumb ass of the day award.

Edit2: Scratch that, my Xbox 360 plays them just fine, Violator in 96/24 DTS!! Woohoo!
icon10.gif

Apr 15, 2006 at 9:03 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
There are U.S. versions out the 25th...right? Isn't that what I heard?

I've heard rumours that the date has been pushed back to June 6th. Nothing's been confirmed yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back