Denver, CO meet?
Sep 16, 2003 at 2:12 AM Post #31 of 40
I also now have a pair of Etymotic ER 4P's
etysmile.gif

Sep 20, 2003 at 7:29 AM Post #33 of 40
My Beyer DT770's might not be there as I'm selling them. I have a pair of HD497's to bring though.

Sep 23, 2003 at 5:28 PM Post #35 of 40
Just got an email from Xin at Fixup.net and he is sending out a prototype of the SuperMicro amp for us to listen to - it should be here this friday
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2003 at 9:40 PM Post #36 of 40
Super Micro in da house! See everyone tomorrow!

Sep 27, 2003 at 4:15 PM Post #37 of 40
Can't go now!!!
Sorry guys, although I think there would be duplicates of everything I was bringing. My car died last night after getting home from Boulder, and now I have to go get a new battery on top of the things I had to do earlier...I probably won't make it up but Good luck and Have fun, maybe we can get another together sooner than later =o)

-Pat

Sep 27, 2003 at 11:37 PM Post #38 of 40
Well, I think the meet went very well . . . I know I had a great time. As expected, the Supra Plus seemed to be most peoples favorite amp at the meet. I feel it is equal to the Max, even though they have quite different sounds. Mikhail and his wife were a joy to talk with; if I ever buy a tube amp, it will be from them. Luckily for my wallet, I prefer the sound of my Max. Specifically, I prefer the tight-powerful bass of the Max over the Supra's full but not quite as punch bass. I did, however, prefer the upper-mid range of the Supra over my beloved Max.

While the pictures I took are horrible (I thought about bringing my camera system, but it wouldn't fit in my car with all my amps, CDs, cables, etc.), you can find them at:

http://www.mines.edu/students/d/dbaldwin/denverMeet/

I'm afraid I was quite disappointed by the Sony CD3000s when compared to the HD600s w/ Cardas. I found their highs to be harsh with faux detail. But, perhaps that's just me.

Thank you for inviting me, I enjoyed talking with everyone.

Sep 28, 2003 at 5:46 PM Post #39 of 40
Douglas, it was great to have you and I'm super glad I got to hear the Max, that was a killer amp w/the 600's, my favorite combo of the entire meet! Don't know if you've seen it, but general impressions of the meet are posted over the the Lounge area of this site.

Sep 29, 2003 at 4:34 AM Post #40 of 40
Tyson,

I'm glad you enjoyed the Max as much as I do. I recently re-posted my previous post on the impressions thread. Hopefully, I'll have time to add some more of my impressions on what I heard in the days ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back