Denon's D2000 versus Bose CQ2?
Nov 6, 2007 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

guynbluejeans

New Head-Fier
Which is better?

Sorry, don't mean to be a hog by posting twice in one day, but methinks this question will give me a better sense of how good the Denons are.

The Bose was the only expensive headphone I've ever owned, and it had the noise quieting feature which was nice. And so I'd like to know if purely from the sound quality, forgetting the noise cancellation, if the Denon blows the Bose out of the water???

Again, thanks for sharing.

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 14
The QC2's are HORRIBLY overpriced.

Noise Cancelling is just white noise added to the background making the world outside sound quieter, degrading sound quality.

I've never heard the D2000 but I can guarantee they will sound better than the QC2's. I've listened to them and they aren't very nice headphones for the price at all.

I'd say go for the Denon or another high-end brand just please don't go back to Bose
580smile.gif

From what I've heard though, the D2000's are supposed to be some nice closed headphones.

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #3 of 14
Briefly checked out the QC2 last Thursday and am listening to my D2Ks right now. There is really no comaprison whatsoever.

I'm not into bashing Bose personally, but the Denons are on an entirely different level (at least my recabled Denons). To my ears, the QC2 sound thin and somewhat shrill, whereas the Denons are full, warm and have significant impact.

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #4 of 14
Thanks guys!

I'll take the plung and go with the Denons. But may I ask how much does it cost to get the cables redone? And does the sound improve enough to make it worth it?

Again, Thanks!

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by guynbluejeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys!

I'll take the plung and go with the Denons. But may I ask how much does it cost to get the cables redone? And does the sound improve enough to make it worth it?

Again, Thanks!

Depends on who you get to do it, and how long a cable you need, but I would budget around $200.

Nov 6, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by misterDX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you cant even tell whether bose is trash or not, i am not even sure you can appreciate the d2000, just my 2 cents

Many people lack the experience with quality headphones to know that there is much better out there than Bose. I think that's how many of them end up here. It doesn't mean that they wouldn't be able to appreciate the difference, however.

Nov 6, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many people lack the experience with quality headphones to know that there is much better out there than Bose. I think that's how many of them end up here. It doesn't mean that they wouldn't be able to appreciate the difference, however.

Thanks for coming to my defense!!:)

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, we were all there once and it wasn't that long ago for me.

Yep, we were. Almost 2 years for me (with the exception of my brief headphone experience back in 1994) and $4,400 spent (well, actually $3,600 if you count the money I got back for selling stuff). As a member of Head-Fi, expect your bank account to get depleted on a regular basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back