Denon to release Mid/High-End Woodie in Japan
Feb 7, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #77 of 250
Sasaki, nice blog you have there.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm slowly reading through the Japanese,
and it's been quite enjoyable.

Bizkid's translation of your comments for the D5000 are "has more richness in
sound but isnt boomy". Do you think you had enough time to demo the unit
so that you could elaborate further regarding your impressions of the headphones?
Or maybe even quickly comment on how you think this new headphone compares
with the headphones out there on the market?

Cheers,
Venio

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #78 of 250
Here's the thing that really caught my eye on the Amazon description of the D5000 (http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AH-D2000...dp/B000MVEC10/ ):

Quote:

Micro-fiber Diaphragm technology (1/100th compared to natural cellulose) results in a denser diaphragmatic material which increases transmission rates for better sound and detail, affording maximum presence of acoustic sounds with low distortion

So, an even thinner, tougher driver material than the bio-celulose of the Sony R10 (which was a real breakthrough back in '89). That's what I've been waiting for a headphone maker to do-- namely make use of some of the amazing new materials that have been invented in the last decade and a half. There are all kinds of materials thin and strong that could make for a breakthrough in headphone driver technology. Maybe this is a real step forward?
confused.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #79 of 250
At least according to Amazon, mine will ship to me on Feb 14. We'll see.

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #80 of 250
$700, ouch, I was hoping a little closer to the proposed Japanese price of ~$300 - which I would definitely jump on. Oh well, we'll see how low the price will drop. Skylab, can't wait to hear your review!

Feb 8, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #81 of 250
a-n-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-i-o-n

I can't wait to hear...uh...read impressions later this month.

Feb 8, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #82 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$700, ouch, I was hoping a little closer to the proposed Japanese price of ~$300 - which I would definitely jump on. Oh well, we'll see how low the price will drop. Skylab, can't wait to hear your review!

Maybe you're mistaking the D2000 with the D5000? The D5000 (woody) suggested price on Denon.jp is around ~$600 USD, with prices on the search engines in Japan being around the $450 mark.

The D2000, one step below (non-woody) suggested price is around ~$300, with prices on the Japanese search engines showing up around the $220 mark. The D2000 is $350 on Amazon.

Feb 11, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #85 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab: Did Amazon say when your D5000 was going to arrive? I noticed the website says there's a 4-6 week time frame for delivery. Was contemplating the D2K or the D1K even.

Edit: Just found your post mentioning Feb 14th ship date.

As of right now, Amazon says my order will ship Monday. We'll see if that actually comes to pass...

Feb 11, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #86 of 250
Wonder how well they'll stack up against the R10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the thing that really caught my eye on the Amazon description of the D5000 (http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AH-D2000...dp/B000MVEC10/ ):

So, an even thinner, tougher driver material than the bio-celulose of the Sony R10 (which was a real breakthrough back in '89). That's what I've been waiting for a headphone maker to do-- namely make use of some of the amazing new materials that have been invented in the last decade and a half. There are all kinds of materials thin and strong that could make for a breakthrough in headphone driver technology. Maybe this is a real step forward?
confused.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #88 of 250
I'm looking forward to hearing about how the D2000 sounds, is anyone (pre)ordering it? It looks beautiful, and I'm looking for some decent full-size cans for when I'm on the go.

How to spend the $400 scholarship check I got in the mail the other day... D2000, A950LTD, or taking $400 off of my student loans..
eek.gif
This place is bad for me
frown.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #89 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wonder how well they'll stack up against the R10.

If they come anywhere close to the R10.. Buying is a no brainer, especially at the price.. All other cans I been hoggling over would get the back seat.. a new 'baby R10'..
tongue.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #90 of 250
I'm always hoping that OLD technology, such as the R10 and HE90, will be superceded by better and less expensive new technology.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they come anywhere close to the R10.. Buying is a no brainer, especially at the price.. All other cans I been hoggling over would get the back seat.. a new 'baby R10'..
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back