Denon MM400 replacement cable. Where to get one? Please!
Sep 29, 2016 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

peterdc

100+ Head-Fier
I owned the Denon MM400 headphones. Hated the cable, as we all do.

Somewhere on Ebay or Amazon in the world you can find this seller, (Chinese based) with global shipping:

low20101020

I've bought a few braided and also rubber cables and they're all excellent quality.

Now, the specific point is their tiny 1/8th or 3.5mmm outer actually fits inside the stupid oval MM400 headphone socket.

I don't know of any others that do.

I just bought a mini xlr cable from them (shipped from UK interestingly) for my new DT1770 instead of the Beyer supplied thing made out of car tyres - a janky overcooked-squid-like piece of rubber crap that's ALWAYS in the way. I mean ALWAYS in the way, and it's heavy enough to spill drinks, knock ashtrays on the floor, in fact wipe almost everything off your desk. 
Worst cable ever, NO, it won't break, so worst cable ever is the MM400 one that catches on zips or buttons and also totally gets in the way like a tiny fly.

Incidentally, I used to make industrial "arty" lamps and I liked using industrial rubber cables for the mains lead because it flopped and draped wonderfully, almost like a liquid. I have no idea what Beyer are making their cables from but it is not like that. They steadfastly refuse to hang elegantly, much like the smaller and almost as annoying flimsy MM400 cable which drove me (almost) mad.

As for the random italics here - can't correct that. Update your website from 1997, please, headfi. Although the italics seem to work even though I just pasted in the seller name.

In short, get nice well made cables here, with metal connector housings for pretty much any headphone. The braided ones are lovely. By HERE I mean search out the seller low20101020.

That seller is not unknown at headfi - often recommended (and here's italics I can't turn off again even in html editor). Good people, good stuff, good service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back