DENON LOOSE SCREW ISSUE-DENON FIXED IT!!
Jun 8, 2008 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6
Just wanted to give everyone a little info. I just opened up my D2000s for a re-cable. It looks like Denon has fixed the issue of the loose screw. I don't have a camera handy but I'll explain. You know where the cup fastens to the frame? Anywho there are 2 bolt looking things there. As I understand inside the cups Two screws were used to screw into the 2 bolt looking things. Not anymore!! It looks like what they have done is used Two 1/2 moon ring clamps. So you have the Bolt that goes thru the frame into the cup, then it looks like a plastic washer then the 1/2 moon clamp slid onto the bolt.
It also looks like they sealed them up with some sealant. I see No way these things will come undone. Once you put the driver/cup into place there is NO room even if you tried that the 1/2 moon clamp can slide off. BUT!!! The top screw that holds the cup to the headband is still the same. So you could still have some troubles there. I say use some loctite just to be safe. But the Cups aren't gonna fall off the bracket.

Jun 9, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 6
Interesting... how long ago did you get your Denons?

Jun 9, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 6
the loose screw issue is a problem with the TOP, where the u-shaped bit of metal holding the cups attaches to the headband. this swivel is what comes apart.

Mar 22, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the loose screw issue is a problem with the TOP, where the u-shaped bit of metal holding the cups attaches to the headband. this swivel is what comes apart.

Correct, the Denon screw issue is NOT fixed, it is still there. I bought mine post August 2007 and it's happened twice so far. I don't remember how I fixed the first one, but this one I tried to fix and the screw snapped off half way.

I am very disappointed with it and now the ear cup is held in place with a twisty tie, very common for a $400 dollar headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back