denon hp-700 earpads
Apr 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Uppertaker

Head-Fier
I was wondering if any of you guys was able to tip me about some comfortable earpads for my denons (which make my ears ache after about an hour) I was thinking about some beyerdynamic cop earpads, or some beyerdynamic EDT 990 V earpads, because they definately look the most comfortable less fatiguing and closer shape, but I still wouldnt know if they'd fit, and if the SQ would be affected at all.

Thanks  for the help.  love this forum.

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 9
The sound quality will definitely be affected.  Whether the change is good or not will depend upon you, so give it a try.  Make sure that the pads are the right size.  If you cannot find official info, another way is to search for crappy Chinese replacements on eBay, they tend to give you the dimensions or at least the diameter of the earpads so that you can figure it out.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
I was wondering if any of you guys was able to tip me about some comfortable earpads for my denons (which make my ears ache after about an hour) I was thinking about some beyerdynamic cop earpads, or some beyerdynamic EDT 990 V earpads, because they definately look the most comfortable less fatiguing and closer shape, but I still wouldnt know if they'd fit, and if the SQ would be affected at all.

Thanks  for the help.  love this forum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-VELOUR-EARPAD-CUSHION-PAIR-FOR-SONY-MDRV700DJ-MDR-V700DJ-HEADPHONE-EAR-PAD-/221201867339?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3380a8a24b

Jun 8, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 9
The zomo leather earpads feel softer and more comfortable than the stock earpads and doesn't leak sound like the velour ones.
Btw, what amp/dac do you use for these?

Jun 8, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #6 of 9
thanks! even if the earpads are basically two rocks now, I got used to it, and it's not even that uncomfortable, even if an upgrade wouldn't be bad! do you know where I could get those? or could you give me the specific model? also I'm running them through a xonar essence STX and it's glorious, gaming music and movies. you?

Jun 17, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #8 of 9
I'm telling you, the xonar essence stx, does get some background noise sometimes even though the soundquality is great, so don't expect pureness with the dgx, still the amped denons should sound great (onboard audio isn't nearly enough to drive them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back