Denon DRA-685 receiver: opinions?
Jan 3, 2003 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Neruda

Banned Moderator
does anyone here own a Denon DRA-685 stereo receiver? I'm thinking of picking one up on eBay for ~$250, but I want some opinions from people here before I buy anything.

In fact, if anyone has any opinions on an integrated amp or receiver that I should buy for less than $300 (used or refurb is perfectly fine; I'm after the best deal possible), then please let me know! I know I'm paying for a lot more bells and whistles if I go with a receiver over an integrated amp, but I think I'd rather get a receiver anyway. For one thing, I'd really like to have a radio in my room again.

Jan 3, 2003 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 6
I bought a Denon stereo receiver last month on Ebay for $100 plus 25 shipping, parcel post. The box was really beaten up, and there was nothing but the styrofoam pads that the original box came with for packaging. Becareful you who buy from, mine arrived dead even though the seller posted that it works great. It had a busted fuse, I tried replacing it, but it just blew again. When I tried contacting the seller, he ignored me, bad feedback for him, what a ********.

Jan 4, 2003 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 6
that would be...um...eloquent.
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2003 at 5:32 AM Post #6 of 6
I think I'm actually going to go with either a Cambridge Audio A300 or A500 now, so long as I can find the right deal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back