DENON DN-HP1000 Headsets
Apr 21, 2006 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

vpuentes

New Head-Fier
Help, Help, Help!! I'm just a dad trying to hook up his son with a good pair of DJ headsets for his birthday. I know "NOTHING" about this stuff. Here is the list in order of what I have been told around the water cooler:

a. Denon DN-HP 1000

b. Technics RP-DH1200

c. Sony MDR-V700DJ

d. Stanton DJ Pro 3000

e. Stanton DJ pro 2000s

Please somone who owns any of these headsets or knows anything about DJ headsets help!!

Semper Fi

Mr. "P"

Apr 21, 2006 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 5
The AKG K81DJ has been getting a lot of love around here lately so that may be a good choice, or maybe even its big brother, the K181DJ. Other choices could include the beyerdynamic DT770, Ultrasone HFI-550 or HFI-700, Sennheiser HD-25 (for durabilitys sake), AKG K271S possibly as well.

From what I understand any of these phones will outperform the ones on your list.

Cheers!

Apr 21, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi Mr. "P" and welcome!

I'm afraid you have stumbled upon a place that is very dangerous to wallets!

That said; is your Son looking for 'phones for DJ work or just a good set of cans for entertainment?

(from all the "DJ" phones, I'd juess "DJ"; but just had to ask.)

Apr 22, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #4 of 5
Dear God stay away from Sony MDR-Vx00 phones. Those suck. I would imagine that the AKG K 81 DJ and AKG K 181 DJ would be good cans to consider as they have gotten a lot of buzz.

Apr 22, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #5 of 5
sure those are nice but if you want to get serious about djing I feel there is only one really worth considering and thats sennheiser hd25, had mine for 4 years, unbreakable. stay away from sonys.. If you are going to use them professionally I would chose sennheiser any day. but thats just me. yeah and the hd25s are sleek, portable and light for what its worth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back