Denon DCD-1100 distortion problem
Oct 11, 2009 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

yokochamas

New Head-Fier
Ahoy,
i have a 1985 Denon DCD-1100 that i bought on ebay several months ago. it has worked fine until a few weeks ago, when seemingly overnight it developed a distortion problem.

i listen on headphones through the player's headphone jack at nearly the lowest possible volume, though the problem occurs at any volume. the distortion follows the pattern of a skipping CD, though the music itself is not being skipped. it does not occur on very low notes or vocals, but will immediately begin once the sound gets just a little louder, and will increase in presence as the sound becomes louder.

i don't want to replace it, and i'm willing to try working on it myself, i just need some guidance. and perhaps an opinion on whether i should keep it or not given my general inexperience with technical repairs.

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #2 of 4
Hope you can fix it, about a year ago my DCD-1100 which I purchased new died. I figure I got well over 22 years of service and scrapped it, wish I had kept it so you could have spare parts. Oh well so is life.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back