Denon D7100 balanced cables.
Jan 15, 2013 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ghostchili

100+ Head-Fier
I need a set of balance cables for my D7100's. can I reterminate the stock cable (the non remote cable) with a 4 pin XLR and keep the shortened cable for non balanced? Can you use the shorter "apple remote" cable on non apple devices like my Fiio E9K?
Who make the best aftermarket cable for the lowest cost?

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 5
Yes you can re-terminate the stock cable. If you also get a female XLR you can keep the part you cut off and make a single ended adapter too. I did this and it works well. I haven't tried any aftermarket cables on the D7100 but I feel the long non-remote cable sounds significantly better than the remote cable.

BTW, beware of someone offering to make a custom cable using commodity 3.5mm mono connectors as they likely will not fit securely. I'm not sure where to source connectors that will work.

Quote:
I need a set of balance cables for my D7100's. can I reterminate the stock cable (the non remote cable) with a 4 pin XLR and keep the shortened cable for non balanced? Can you use the shorter "apple remote" cable on non apple devices like my Fiio E9K?
Who make the best aftermarket cable for the lowest cost?

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Yes you can re-terminate the stock cable. If you also get a female XLR you can keep the part you cut off and make a single ended adapter too. I did this and it works well. I haven't tried any aftermarket cables on the D7100 but I feel the long non-remote cable sounds significantly better than the remote cable.

BTW, beware of someone offering to make a custom cable using commodity 3.5mm mono connectors as they likely will not fit securely. I'm not sure where to source connectors that will work.

Can you use the remote cable with anything (like my Fiio E9K) or is it the the remote feature just works with apple otherwise it works as a standard cable with everything else?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back