Denon D60 will this receiver work without the tape & cd players attached ?
Nov 27, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 6
I suspect that if you want to get sound, you'll have to use the tuner section or hook up a turntable.  Looking at some rear-view pics on ebay, it appears the only input connectors are for phono (besides the proprietary Denon ribbon connectors used for the CD and tape deck).

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 6

Trolling for a post count?*

The point of my reply was that from all the pics I've seen of the D60, the only input connectors that are not proprietary are RCA jacks that are for the phono section.  So, the only source available outside of the built-in tuner would be phono - unless he used the CD and tape deck that came with it and use the proprietary connectors.
wink.gif

* I only ask because as of this moment, with that one word, "Yes," your post count is exactly 1.

Jan 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #5 of 6
Wow, really?  I'm glad I missed unchecking the "follow responses to your post" checkbox.  For one post, guy?

Anyway, now that you've got my attention, I bought this for my 18th birthday...in 1993...for $400.  Yes, I was a savvy consumer at the tender age of eighteen.  After trolling (ok, you got me) a few discussion threads and eBay listings for this system, I have come to the conclusion that it is simply futile to ponder having someone fix my cassette and CD player units, as the former has finally given up the ghost and the latter gave up the ghost some ten or more years ago, after which the technician at Norman's Electronics in northeast Atlanta told me it would be more costly to repair than the system was worth at that point.

Long story short (too late), I spent last night connecting an ION USB turntable I bought for $50-60 at Kohl's department store last year, a $10 COBY DVD player we bought at Brandsmart about ten years ago, a $70/80 refurbished JVC DVD/VCR I bought at Sam's Club a coupla years ago (it stopped playing DVDs just a month after the 1-year extended warranty I purchased expired, leading me to rethink my miserly ways when I could've bought a 2-year), connected all three as well as a 20+-year-old 13-in. GE CRT TV my wife has had since high school to an RF Modulator/4-input A/V switch I bought last night from Fry's for $25+tax, using the Denon D-60 receiver as the output.

Everything's working fine!

So, in short, YES.  The Denon D60 receiver will work without the tape and CD players attached.

Happy 2014, PATNA!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back