Denon D5000 ... Next upgrade Hifiman HE-500?
Feb 28, 2016 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BassinURface

Head-Fier
I've had my DK5's for quite some time now. I truly believed I had found my sound and hadn't logged onto to Head-fi in a very long time. Im still going to keep these headphones but I feel I want to try something new. I want a headphone to *wow* me again. Is the HIFIMAN HE-500 the right type of headphone Im looking for? Is it considered a next step in regards to the AH-D5000's?

I've never owned an open headphone and I've always wanted to try them out. I want to spend around $500 and open myself to a new type of sound. I want to be more engaged with the music. I really want something that speaks to the soul. :D
I know my question is a little vague but do you guys think I might be on the right track here?

I don't too much experience with multiple headphones but when it comes to sound 
-Ultrasone Pro 900 were too sibilant to me. 
-Old Bass lover that fell in love with mids more.
-Still enjoy midbass. 

Electronic music -  Down tempo - techno -  https://soundcloud.com/artybacardi Thats my soundcloud if you guys want to check out what I listen too.

I know I haven't logged on here in quite some time but this forum has always been good to me! Most informative forum ever 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #2 of 3
From my own research, yep, the HE-500 is a great direction to go in.

I ended up going with the LCD-2.2 Fazor, which I could only afford when I saw it used for $650. I'm utterly satiated. :cool:

But the HE-500 was very, very tempting at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back