Denon D5000 for 419$ at Provantage!
Jul 14, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #16 of 64
I've never actually heard the D5000 without the markl mods. The ones I have here right now (stock cable and Jena wire balanced) both sound VERY nice to these ears. I'm a big AKG fan, and they are as close to the K1000 as I've yet heard.

Jul 14, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #17 of 64
e-t,

Thanks for the input I have a number of phones already (HD-650, DT-880, ER-4s, etc.) and SkyLab recommended the D5000 for my musical taste. I live in a small southern city with no decent stereo stores and therefore have to drive a couple of hours to listen to anything not a the blue box store, or buy on the basis of reviews.

Jul 14, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #19 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just pulled the proverbial trigger for the D5000. : ) Time to sell some more equipment!

Congratulations, and may I ask where you ordered them and when is the expected ship date. My ship date for my D2000 is suppose to be 7/21. I emailed Provantage this morning and asked if the D5000 would ship any earlier if I ordered them, still waiting for a response.

Jul 14, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #21 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by uds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's odd inthecup. I ordered the D2000 from Provantage as well, and was given a ship date of 7/15. This was about a week ago that I was given the ship date.

I ordered mine on 7/27. They emailed me on 7/1 and told me my ship date was 7/21. Good luck tomorrow, hope they ship.

Jul 14, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #22 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthecup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations, and may I ask where you ordered them and when is the expected ship date. My ship date for my D2000 is suppose to be 7/21. I emailed Provantage this morning and asked if the D5000 would ship any earlier if I ordered them, still waiting for a response.

ITC,
It's too soon to tell, since I just placed the order last night. However, I do intend to call Provanatage's 800 number during business hours today and get a better idea about lead time.
PAB

Jul 14, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #23 of 64
Well that was fast.
biggrin.gif
I look forward to reading your impressions.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #24 of 64
Provantage just dropped the price of both the D2000 & D5000, what's going on? New models on the way?

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #25 of 64
Quote:

Just pulled the proverbial trigger for the D5000. : ) Time to sell some more equipment!

so....you, uh, well...you still want your beloved d2000? selling them soon?

gimme, gimme!!!! jk.

hope you like them even more than the d2000. i think i speak for many here by saying thanks for your insightful impressions and i will be looking for your posts regarding the d5000. may you not have to wait too long for them to arrive.

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #26 of 64
I meant "sell the Darkvoice 337," not the D2000!! : ) On top of all that, my Bada's down (blown mosFET from my not waiting two hours to remove tubes), so the Darkvoice will be the a/b amp for the D5000/D2000 review.

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #27 of 64
Quote:

I meant "sell the Darkvoice 337," not the D2000!! : ) On top of all that, my Bada's down (blown mosFET from my not waiting two hours to remove tubes), so the Darkvoice will be the a/b amp for the D5000/D2000 review.

wow, didn't you just get your 337?!

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #29 of 64
Quote:

The money's gotta come from somewhere! Wait! What's this? My stimulus check just came today--really! : )

head-fi's got you by the balls again...like a crack fiend. jk.

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #30 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakey27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
head-fi's got you by the balls again...like a crack fiend. jk.

Shakey,
You're right.

This morning, I am seriously thinking about cancelling the Provantage order for the D5000 and investing a portion of the allocated funds toward finally doing the V-Cap mods on the Bada instead.

Things are moving in too compulsive a manner right now, anyway (probably because of the stress of my department moving its offices, and my general dissatisfaction with my job lately).

In the end, it's just a pile of stuff that's depreciated in value, and ever poses the hazard of becoming a sink for one's vital energies. Packing up and moving all this stuff, realizing how much has accrued, how much is not being utilized and how much no one else really wants it (but myself--and even that's debatable) has been a sobering and disconcerting exercise.

Adding the purchase of the D5000 now will only exacerbate, not mitigate, the generally negative load that compulsion imposes upon me in at the moment.

Besides, the D5000 can only get cheaper--up to a critical market point--anyway. So even from a practical standpoint, it's more prudent if I at least delay the purchase, if not eliminate it altogether.

Plus, I'm not too impressed with Provantage's customer service: the first several attempts have ended with busy signals and long hold times (which I did not abide, eventually hanging up the telephone).
: )
Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back