Denon D5000 for 419$ at Provantage!
May 18, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #2 of 64
wow, I wish us Europeans could buy at such a price. Here the D5000 would cost me approx. $800
frown.gif

May 18, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #4 of 64
I agree, but after shipping from the US and custom duties I will still end up paying $600 for the D5000 and not have any warranty.

Provantage states on their website that "Forwarding an item with international restrictions to destinations outside of the United States (or other authorized destinations) will void the manufacturer's warranty."

May 18, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 64
And which items have international restrictions? All I get is this:

Shipments Outside USA. The products we sell are sourced from among dozens of regional warehouses and manufacturers across the USA. Because all products for export must first be shipped to our main Ohio warehouse for processing, please allow the possibility of a few additional days for transit to international destinations.

May 18, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #6 of 64
When you add the D5000 to cart it says:

This item is located at a regional warehouse, but must be shipped to our main Ohio warehouse for export processing. It will then be shipped to you. Manufacturer's Warranty. Available to USA and Canada only.

Jul 13, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 64
I just order a pair from Provantage. How long does it take -- has anyone actually received a pair from Provantage? I have bought computer parts from Provantage and received them quickly.

Well, Tuesday is my 31st wedding anniversary and my wife is giving me DT-990s (I picked them out) so I can wait. She is getting a diamond ring after all these years.

Jul 13, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #8 of 64
Don't expect to receive them too quickly. Special Order generally means they are out of stock, but you'll be the first to get them when they are back in stock. I ordered the D2000 about 2 weeks ago, which were also on Special Order, and was given a shipping date of July 15 only after emailing them.

But, everyone seems to be out of stock and for the price($210 Shipped for D2000), it's worth the wait.

Jul 13, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #11 of 64
After reading the impressions of the D5000 from the Atlanta meet, I am wondering if I made a mistake. I had read a number of reviews and thought the D5000 was (generally) positively regarded but 3 people posted that they hated the D5000. What's up?

Jul 13, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #12 of 64
3 people posted where? Everyone's got their own headphone taste.

Jul 13, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #14 of 64
I'm generally not in favor of buying from the cheapest source possible. That said, I make an exception in the case of cans that one is going to get modded, as it voids the manufacturer's warranty anyway.

I saw this ad when I was shopping for mine...I think what you'll find is that a lot of places have ads posted, but few have them right now. That's the trick...getting them.

I "bought" a pair from Damark for a bit over $400. A week later, having heard nothing, I e-mailed them. Oops...out of stock...credit card to be refunded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back