Denon D5000 Deal!!
May 2, 2012 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

dukeskd

1000+ Head-Fier
For any of you looking to buy the D5000s there is a great deal at electronicsexpo.com, get the D5000 and put in the coupon "grandslam", and you'll get a price of ~388.00 without shipping. I would have taken this up but I already got my trusting D7ks
beerchug.gif
Hope someone finds this useful.

PS: Another deal on Amazon, a low price of 414$!

May 2, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 52
Good deal! 

Why does it say that the regular price is $899 though?

It costs $414 on Amazon right now and ships for free with Super Saving Shipping, whatever that is. 

May 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #3 of 52
Quote:
Good deal! 

It costs $414 on Amazon right now and ships for free with Super Saving Shipping, whatever that is. 

You have to apply the code on the check out I believe, my last D5000 was through amazon but I got it for 450 bucks which isnt that bad but this expo deal is really good if anyone wants to try out the Denon sound.

May 2, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #4 of 52
Quote:
Good deal! 

Yeap,

$414 on Amazon, brand new, and ships 2 day with prime. This is the better deal.

Very best,

May 2, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #5 of 52
Yea yea, I did it and it said $388 just like you said, but have the D5000 ever cost $900? Or are they just saying that to make their prices look better? 
Quote:
You have to apply the code on the check out I believe, my last D5000 was through amazon but I got it for 450 bucks which isnt that bad but this expo deal is really good if anyone wants to try out the Denon sound.

May 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #6 of 52
I think Expo add a few hundred bucks for some reason hahaha, and yes I would also do the Amazon deal because of Prime and the easy return policy but so far the Amazon price for D5ks always lingered around $440-480, Its interesting it is so low now to be honest, but maybe because they are getting discontinued? EExpo is more of a hassle to deal with, and you have to pay taxes if you're ordering from NJ and other states in the East coast.

May 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #7 of 52
Quote:
Yea yea, I did it and it said $388 just like you said, but have the D5000 ever cost $900? Or are they just saying that to make their prices look better? 

Nah,

I think MSRP is $699. Expo probably throws the "original price" up through the roof to make it look like you're getting an amazing, too good to be true, deal.

Very best,

May 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #10 of 52
Quote:
I feel you man, I hate when that happens you never know when to pull the trigger at the best deal possible unless you're an insider.

I just emailed Amazon asking if there was anything they could do, despite not having a post-purchase pricematching policy.  Received a response within 3 minutest that they'd refund the difference!  This is why I buy everything from Amazon.

May 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #11 of 52
Wow! Good service.
Quote:

I just emailed Amazon asking if there was anything they could do, despite not having a post-purchase pricematching policy.  Received a response within 3 minutest that they'd refund the difference!  This is why I buy everything from Amazon.

May 2, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #12 of 52
Quote:

Man, another big thumbs up to Amazon, really great service they deserve all the business they can get!

May 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #13 of 52
Looking for some opinions and reasoning. Having a Grado SR225i and a Senn HD650, would it be worth getting the D5000 so I've got 3 different "flavors" of cans or should I look at rounding out a Trio with a planar or ortho headphone? 

Definitely know that certain cans favor certain types of music and I do listen to a lot of different things, except Country. 
atsmile.gif

Thanks!

May 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #14 of 52
Quote:
Looking for some opinions and reasoning. Having a Grado SR225i and a Senn HD650, would it be worth getting the D5000 so I've got 3 different "flavors" of cans or should I look at rounding out a Trio with a planar or ortho headphone? 

Definitely know that certain cans favor certain types of music and I do listen to a lot of different things, except Country. 
atsmile.gif

Thanks!

I've got the HD650's and the D5000's, and I like having them both, I think they complement each other well depending on the music I listen to.  Plus, I like having an open (HD650) and closed (D5000) headphone.

May 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #15 of 52
Quote:

atsmile.gif

Thanks!

The D5000 would be a nice fit that is between the Grado and Sennheiser. Then again, you might end up just listening to the D5000 if you like the cross between the two worlds. I would also suggest that you look at the Hifiman HE-400 at this price range too though unless you just want a closed headphone.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back