Denon D2000's or D5000's?
May 5, 2008 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Crackerman

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everybody,

I've been looking for a new set of cans after selling my HD595's and these two different sets of Denons have really caught my eye. What I'm looking for is something much warmer and bassy than the 595's, which is why I initially thought of the D2000's. I can stretch my budget to the D5000's in a few months, and I really like the look of them, but this is where my problem is:

I'd be using them with a Ray Samuels Predator out of my Powerbook with music ripped at 320kps; is this set up good enough for the D5000's? It seems terrible to spend that much on headphones when the set up wont be doing them justice. Would I be better off going for the D2000's instead? Or would the Predator give the 5000's enough juice for them to really sound good?

May 5, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 7
Highs aren't extremely important to me, I have a hard time listening to 'phones that have an abundance of them because I seem to be really sensitive to them. The 595's sounded extremely sibilant to me which is why I ended up selling them.

May 5, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #6 of 7
May 5, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #7 of 7
you may not want to hear this, but i think that re-ripping your music to FLAC would be the best place to start. mp3's (even @ 320kbps) cut off the higher frequencies, making music less detailed and enjoyable. i may be just as sensitive to sibilance as you are, and lossless files may not hide the sibilance as well as mp3's, but the improvement to overall sound quality is no doubt worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back