Denon D2000s at Buy.com for $205 shipped (?)
Mar 17, 2008 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

ropeadope

100+ Head-Fier
I supposedly just got some Denon AH-D2000s from Buy.com for $205 shipped. I'm pretty weary about it though, but hopefully I'll end up getting them. Buy.com isn't a favorite of people when it comes to customer service.

I was searching on Google for d2000s and then went to Google's low price finder thing (AKA Froogle), it showed Buy.com had the headphones for $214, so I clicked right away only to find the price shown on the actual page was $349.99. Bummer! Then I saw the $214 price in the right side column listed under "Marketplace Buying Choices", and it was still from Buy.com for some reason. So, I added it to my cart. The link from what I added to my cart sent me back to the same page with the $349.99 price tag. So, I decided to give it a shot and I used this offer here to knock $10 off the order, and used the free budget shipping to bring my total to $204.99, no tax.

You can see why I'm a bit skeptical, but I thought I'd share anyways. Maybe someone will take the plunge with me?
smily_headphones1.gif
- Amazon had the D2000s couple weeks ago for $186 shipped or something like that, though they were sold out in about an hour. So, it wouldn't be totally out of the question that these phones would be priced at $214. Normally they're $265+ retail. If anyone gives it a shot, good luck. If not, all good luck to me
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 21
Sometimes buy.com will have the wrong price on the product page, and when you put it in the shopping cart the price is right.

That happened when I bought some Altec Lansing IM716. We knew in advanced they would go on sale at midnight, and refreshing the page kept showing the higher price. Finally, after a while I tried putting them in the shopping cart and got the $49 price.

You got a great price on D2000.

Mar 17, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 21
The price of the Denon AH-D2000 is a bit random lately. I and several others got them for $185 shipped from Amazon two weeks ago as you mention. My guess is the prices are set to fall soon and some places can take advantage of that faster than others.

Good luck, I haven't stopped listening to mine.

Mar 17, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ropeadope /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I supposedly just got some Denon AH-D2000s from Buy.com for $205 shipped. I'm pretty weary about it though, but hopefully I'll end up getting them. Buy.com isn't a favorite of people when it comes to customer service.

I was searching on Google for d2000s and then went to Google's low price finder thing (AKA Froogle), it showed Buy.com had the headphones for $214, so I clicked right away only to find the price shown on the actual page was $349.99. Bummer! Then I saw the $214 price in the right side column listed under "Marketplace Buying Choices", and it was still from Buy.com for some reason. So, I added it to my cart. The link from what I added to my cart sent me back to the same page with the $349.99 price tag. So, I decided to give it a shot and I used this offer here to knock $10 off the order, and used the free budget shipping to bring my total to $204.99, no tax.

You can see why I'm a bit skeptical, but I thought I'd share anyways. Maybe someone will take the plunge with me?
smily_headphones1.gif
- Amazon had the D2000s couple weeks ago for $186 shipped or something like that, though they were sold out in about an hour. So, it wouldn't be totally out of the question that these phones would be priced at $214. Normally they're $265+ retail. If anyone gives it a shot, good luck. If not, all good luck to me
tongue.gif

I wish you "good luck" in getting what you paid for, at the price you paid for it from Buy.com. As you noted... Buy.com may be the most deceitful Internet retailer there is - based on my past experience with them.

Dont' trust them.

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 21
They just shipped out my headphones today, I'm pleasantly surprised. They show as in stock now also. The price went up a dollar or two also (oh noes
tongue.gif
). Hope I get the right headphones.

Mar 28, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #8 of 21
I've dealt with Buy.com 4x so far & all were good, trouble-free transactions....so I'm thinking that you will have a great pr of HPs for a great price anytime now! Enjoy!

Ooops, I just noticed the date of the original post.....well, here's hoping that you are already enjoying these!

Apr 2, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #11 of 21
congratulations on the new phones
biggrin.gif
impressions to come hopefully!

you got lucky with buy.com. ive ordered from them twice, once a hard drive that they claimed to be in stock and after a week of running around in circles with their god awful customer service i am told that the drive is actually back ordered. when i asked when they were expecting the next shipment, the lady said she didnt know. when i requested for my order to be cancelled, she did it promptly and did not tell me anything about a $20 dollar "holiday cancellation charge" that would be made on my credit card because it was thx giving time.

few weeks ago i ordered a sound card for my roommate from them, the sound card box was placed in a giant box without any packaging foam or peanuts or anything at all. as a result of poor handling not uncommon with ups the box was thrashed beyond belief and when i called to get it replaced they said that they had fulfilled their end of the contract by getting the card to me and that from now on it would be my responsibility.

buy.com is a buncha glass eating low life doo doo heads that i will never trust again.

but congratulations on your new toy!!!

Apr 2, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congratulations on the new phones
biggrin.gif
impressions to come hopefully!

you got lucky with buy.com. ive ordered from them twice, once a hard drive that they claimed to be in stock and after a week of running around in circles with their god awful customer service i am told that the drive is actually back ordered. when i asked when they were expecting the next shipment, the lady said she didnt know. when i requested for my order to be cancelled, she did it promptly and did not tell me anything about a $20 dollar "holiday cancellation charge" that would be made on my credit card because it was thx giving time.

few weeks ago i ordered a sound card for my roommate from them, the sound card box was placed in a giant box without any packaging foam or peanuts or anything at all. as a result of poor handling not uncommon with ups the box was thrashed beyond belief and when i called to get it replaced they said that they had fulfilled their end of the contract by getting the card to me and that from now on it would be my responsibility.

buy.com is a buncha glass eating low life doo doo heads that i will never trust again.

but congratulations on your new toy!!!

Thank you. Buy.com kinda gave me the runaround also. I ordered 17 days ago or something like that when the phones were listed as in-stock. I contacted customer support after they hadn't been shipped out for a week and they told me they were on backorder. I told them they weren't on backorder when I ordered and they just told me again that they were. They also told me I got the headphones from Onecall (one of buy.com's marketplace affiliates) and not directly from buy.com, even though at the time Onecall had the headphones listed for $350 and in stock. So, they gave me the runaround for a while and I was never too confident I would ever receive the phones, but they shipped out last week to my surprise.

Apr 2, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #14 of 21
Here's my first impressions of these headphones:
Oh my goodness these headphones are spectacular! =D

I'm not good at describing headphones but these are a pleasure to listen to. I've been really enjoying listening to my HD-555s the past few weeks, and was feeling kinda bad about getting new phones, but my HD-555s have been taped up heavily for the last 7-8 months, so it was time to move on and use my HD-555s for other things like the living room TV. That's what led me to get the D2000s, that and reading lots and lots of positive reviews. These Denon D2000s sound great, improving upon everything the HD-555s could do. I can listen loudly on these phones without the piercing highs that my HD-555s had. The biggest improvement is the bass, which the HD-555s had little of. The bass is perfect on the D2000s. These phones were everything I've been looking for, for the past 6-8 months. I first got the AKG K701s and wasn't wowed at all, although I did like the K701s ok, they were just a tiny upgrade upon my HD-555s, and they didn't really deliver on the different sound I was looking for. I would have stuck with the K701s if they didn't break, but they did, I ended up selling them and putting the funds towards my next headphone purchase.

I'm really glad I ended up with these phones. Superb! Thanks to all the folks here who gave advice and helped influenced my decision. Hope these are ok for gaming also...can always hook up my HD-555s when it's game time if not
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #15 of 21
Glad you like them dude. My impressions were pretty much exactly the same when I first got mine.

Regarding gaming, I think the HD555s slightly edge it. The HD555s have a wider soundstage, and the D2000s are slightly more accurate but have a shorter width. So I guess it depends what you prefer really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back