Denon D2000 vs Audio Technica ATH-ES7
Jun 17, 2008 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

supadupa

New Head-Fier
I am looking to acquire my next pair of cans. I'm upgrading from modded HD25's. I need some some sway to help me decide between the D2000 or the ES7. I have not auditioned neither.
I am leaning towards the D2000's because I think their all around sound would serve me well as I listen to many genres. I felt that the HD25's were a bit on the bassy side.
One thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on the D2000's is the portability issue. I'm on the commute everyday and headphones/music keeps me sane. I'm afraid the D2000's size will be too much of a problem.
That's where the ES7's come into play. They are definitely portable but I'm thinking that its sound will be too similar to the HD25's.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 6
Hey man, I think the ES7 and D2000 comparison is a bit unfair, comparing something that's over double the price of the former. I'd say the D2000 clearly blow the ES7 out of the water.

I think a fairer comparison would be between the D2000 and ESW9. I'd recommend the ESW9 for any situation, it being closed. However, I did choose the Goldring DR150 over the ESW9, because of personal preference. My gal who auditioned all the cans above with me loved the ESW9 above all, looks was a bonus
wink.gif

Hope this helps

Jun 17, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #3 of 6
The ES7 is a downgrade from the Senns soundwise. The ESW9s are more of a side step than an upgrade, while the Denons are clearly better in nearly every respect other than portability. In fact would you really consider them portable at all?

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 6
The Denons are not portable, that's for sure. They are a tad heavy, and don't really want to stay on the head too well when you're moving around.

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 6
An ES7 as complement to a HD25 would be a bit redundant IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back