Denon D2000 sound leak and helping find an equivalent with good seal...
Dec 19, 2011 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Bloodflowerz

500+ Head-Fier
Good Morning all

I am looking for a closed back headphone so I can game and stuff at night when the GF is in bed. I really want to stay away from Sennheiser as they are too dark for me. I just do not like their sound. I am looking for a closed back design, good soundstage, great bass, and a nice sparkly treble with good Mids. Nothing dark or laid back please. I was considering:

Denon AH-D2000

It seems like the perfect headphone for me. However, I have reservations about the sound leakage. Apparently, they do not seal well and are more like semi-open headphones.  I really can’t be disturbing the GF at night so I guess that rules out the Denon, which is a crying shame. So now, I need advice on finding a D2000 like headphone with a good seal.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 27, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 5
I've read those reviews also. In my experence you need to be CRANKING them for the sound to leak that badly. Im in college and I use mine at the library and I can go pretty loud without the person next to me hearing more than a quiet beat. But if is a problem you can get Jmoney earpads which I hear helps the leakage. I would strongly suggest the Denons, great for gaming. You haven't heard an explosion untill youve heard them on the Denons.

May 2, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 5
Wow--another individual request thread lost for 4 + months.

Again--I hope he found and reposted on the Recommendations thread.

People don't look at dates....

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back