Denon D2000 Sale $250 shipped on Amazon!!
Jan 4, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #2 of 13
Thanks for the heads up effectic. I decided to check ebay out, and yogi computers actually is selling the d2000 for $235 shipped. They currently list 8 in stock. Also there are a 3 other listings for d2000 under $243 (all are buy it now). However, for those that do not wish to go the ebay route then they could buy from yogi computers through amazon. btw I received my d2000 yesterday from a buy.com affiliate and my ears have been pretty
darthsmile.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads up effectic. I decided to check ebay out, and yogi computers actually is selling the d2000 for $235 shipped. They currently list 8 in stock. Also there are a 3 other listings for d2000 under $243 (all are buy it now). However, for those that do not wish to go the ebay route then they could buy from yogi computers through amazon. btw I received my d2000 yesterday from a buy.com affiliate and my ears have been pretty
darthsmile.gif

Cool man, sadly I cannot afford a D2000 cause I bought a Logitech Z5500 with the money Christmas gone. lol
So I bought a JVC headphone for $20 US hoping they sound good they actually do from what I read.

I have to admit Logitech gives value for money like no other company, it dont compare to my previous HD555 sennheisers or any studio monitor but the benefits of this system is very amazing from what any headphone can give. I removed the grill from the Sub and I just have to say I really love this system its a thing of beauty you know. And the sub is so powerful it can grind your teeth literally.

But I do miss the audiophile quality I had with my audiophile headphones. Headphones quality really are amazing for the price no denying that.

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #4 of 13
It's nice to listen to speakers every once in awhile. Granted, I haven't used my klipsch promedias that often since I got into headphones a few years back. I don't have the funds to pick up a real home speaker set up, which is why I am into headphones. Headphones are great and all, but it is pretty refreshing to listen to music through decent speakers every once in awhile. After all, it's really the music that we all enjoy right? Nice equipment is just the icing on the cake for me.
beerchug.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #5 of 13
Yeah man it is very refreshing to listen to speakers and it really defines what music enjoyment is. Thing is headphones have you like trapped in a way save for wireless headphones but even the best wireless are terrible.

And as a plus you don't have to worry about sweaty ears etc. It really is quite refreshing to go back to using speakers.
smily_headphones1.gif

I shall buy another set of audiophile headphones in the future but for now I am taking a break from audiophile stuff since I need to get my life on track you know. I am also considering migrating and traveling a bit so this is where these speakers really comes in.

You see these speakers actually sound better with lower quality MP3 as opposed to FLAC etc. You do not go spending the time and effort to get perfect source recording because int he end there is only so much main stream speakers can even output.

So ultra high SNR cards and DAC etc is a bit pointless cause you need good speakers to even notice a difference between them you know.

So this now forces you to give up pursuit of audiophile sound and just sit back for once and just enjoy anything you throw at them. Even 96k streams from sky.fm internet radio etc.

Its like a relief you know to not worry everytime about getting perfect quality recording and perfect sound cards and dacs and amps etc etc etc.

With these you can just throw any damn thing at them and enjoy it. best of all my Z5500 has actually saved me from my audiophile addiction this hobby is expensive you know and when you addicted to it, its ahell of a thing. Maby when I have migrated and settled and have my priorities straight I may take back up my headphone audiophile hobby.

But for now I am enjoying these more than you could ever know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ow and I also use the Dolby pro Logic 2 Music DSP option on the controller pod so it mixes 2 channel MP3 and sends it to all 5 satellites around the room and makes you think you actually listening to real 5.1 music. Its a lot of fun
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
darthsmile.gif

Hey man spread the love and hook me up with this affiliate of yours!
tongue_smile.gif
Seriously though, I put my order in at buy.com on December 11 and they still aren't even in stock....... on top of that I can't cancel my order to buy d2000's that are only $40 to $50 more than the price offered on buy
frown.gif

Well life will go on someday.... the day those sweet sweet d2000's finally end up on my head
L3000.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remains /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey man spread the love and hook me up with this affiliate of yours!
tongue_smile.gif
Seriously though, I put my order in at buy.com on December 11 and they still aren't even in stock....... on top of that I can't cancel my order to buy d2000's that are only $40 to $50 more than the price offered on buy
frown.gif

Well life will go on someday.... the day those sweet sweet d2000's finally end up on my head
L3000.gif

Oh I ordered from TheDealSpot through buy.com on Monday and received them on Friday. I got it for $240 shipped. I heard the d2000 directly through buy.com has been out of stock for a few months now. I emailed them before I bought through TheDealSpot and buy.com said they don't know when they'll get a shipment in. They won't let you cancel your order? :/ Hopefully buy.com gets them back in stock soon so you can enjoy your headphones.
beerchug.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #9 of 13
Buy.com, on order, ftw.

Jan 4, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by effectic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hopefully if you guys buy out all their stocks they may drop the price further next time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Haven't they (buy.com) been bought out for months now?

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #12 of 13
Increase in demand usually raises prices...
I'm enjoying my D2000 to death.
atsmile.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #13 of 13
woot 400th post!
darn should've got the D2000 maybe over the Pro 750 when i had the chance.. :p Didnt do enough research and got sucked in by all those buzzwords S-Logic, ULE Metal Shielding, but yeah im still happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back