Denon D2000 or Bose QuietComfort 15 NC??
May 5, 2010 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kebbin15

100+ Head-Fier
I know this is a stupid question but I want to know which one should I buy. I have a $300 budget. I like listening to bass music like trance and house. I know you guys don't use Bose products that much but I need some advise whether should I get the Bose or the Denons. Btw, I heard the Denon's has excellent bass which is I think perfect for me. So yeah That's all I can say. Hope you guys can help me.

May 5, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 10
Try Beats by Dr. Dre. I heard them in an apple store and directly compared them a/b to the Bose. These definitely have an emphasis on the bass. The downside, of course, is that the other frequencies are a bit obscured due to the heavy bass.

Here's the marketing lingo for these:

Experience the music exactly the way the artist wants you to. Beats high definition headphones are precision-engineered to reveal the full sound of today's digital music including the most sonically demanding Rock, Pop, Hip Hop and R&B. With advanced speaker design, powered amplification, and active noise canceling, Beats delivers all the power, clarity and deep bass today's top artists and producers want you to hear.

May 5, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #6 of 10
First of all, I'm a trance addict and love bass.
I wouldn't get the Bose there are better options available. Bose isn't terrible (not great either) but they are grossly overpriced. Beats are the same in this regard. One of my friends let me try them out (I wasn't into the hobby at the time) and I was disappointed. They sounded muddy (the bass had no texture whatsoever) and fake.

I have a pair of D2000's and they do incredibly well with trance and bass heavy music. They are also amazingly comfortable. The only thing that I don't care for on the Denons is the isolation. If you need isolation there are better options for your music. If you need isolation, Ultrasones are also worth considering given your music preferences (HFI-780 or Pro 750). In my opinion the Pro 750's are much more refined than the 780s and have a more pleasant, refined sound sig.
Both of these cans are easy to drive and should sound good unamped. I do notice a difference mainly with the D2000's when they are being powered from my computer as opposed to my mp3 player. From my mp3 they sound a little muddy and not quite as crisp (still quite listenable though) but tighten up and become more refined when played through my speakers/sub. In my experience the Ultrasones were easier to drive and ran extremely well from my computer and mp3 player.

You might also look into the Beyerdynamic DT770. I didn't really care for them when I tried them out. It could have been the setup as it was rather poor. They are good though. I just didn't care for the sound sig. In my opinion Denons and Ultrasones are extremely hard to beat for trance and the like.

My recommendations are Ultrasone Pro 750>Denon D2000>Ultrasone 780

May 5, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #7 of 10
D2000s are great for all kinds of electronic music, along with anything else that is modern. They do a decent job isolating sound, but there are better headphones if isolation is a huge concern for you. The Denons are considered closed, but will leak sound at high volumes. I would still recommend them though, they are great.

May 5, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #8 of 10
It depends. The Denons D2000 arent exactly portable and it doesn't isolate a lot of sound so you might not want to get these if you're looking for isolation/portability, otherwise, these are unbeatable for its price. But if you're looking for isolation and portablity, you should go for a shure srh840 with an portable amp or get a high end IEM like the IE8 or SE530. Good luck!

May 5, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #9 of 10
I recommend you go to shops and take a good look at all the phones (Bose, Denon, Ultrasone, Shure etc etc). I think you maybe amazed by the built quality difference as well as sound - my relative was left in shock after seeing my phones and then the Bose's.....let just say he isn't heading Bose's way any time soon ...

May 5, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by WyldRage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you need isolation? Really, REALLY, need isolation?

That is the only reason I see to buy a noise-cancelling headphone, especially a Bose.

If you really really need isolation, get some IEMs lol

Forget Bose anything, especially "noise cancelling" headphones, and look into the Denons or Ultrasone offerings
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back