Denon D2000 - Looking for Parts
Jul 18, 2017 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Taxihamster

New Head-Fier
I'm at a bit of a loss on where the best place would be to post this, so I'm going to drop it in here.

The other day, I had my D2000's sitting up on my table when my son came roaring through my room. Sure enough, he clipped the cord and down they came on the floor. The tiny little pin that lets the cup frame pivot against the head piece broke off. I've tried a few things, but nothing has quite made it work like the original part and now they sit collecting dust. :frowning2:

You folks know anyone who carries spare parts or where to buy them? I've searched high and low with no avail, kills me not to be listening to these cans.

Jul 18, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #2 of 5
I have no idea if they even still exist, but I remember hearing a few years ago that Lawton Audio was still doing repairs/mods on these, and might have parts. I have no idea if Denon themselves could help you - they completely axed this line (they're all Fostex-based), decided to "go their own way" with completely different headphones (at which point they basically announced zero support/parts/etc for the Fostex-based cans), and then recently axed those, and re-introduced a Fostex-based headphone that looks very similar, so maybe they also have parts again, but that's probably a long shot (especially since they're probably out of warranty now).

Found this on reddit which has some more leads/info (like part numbers): https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...n_d2000d5000d7000_headband_replacement_parts/

Best of luck. :-/

Jul 18, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks so much for the link...it sent me down a rabbit hole to eventually find out that a couple years ago they sold completely out of replacement parts (specifically the screw I'm looking for). There is a few other misc parts available...but I've been told that I should be looking at just investing in the newest generation of that style TH-X00 from Fosstex.

Guess I'm saving up for some new cans. :triportsad:

Jul 19, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #5 of 5
I didn't even think of just transplanting the cans into other headbands or checking out the DIY section. Been a few years since i camped out in here...thanks for the direction. I'll see if anyone has any ideas. So far my "solutions" haven't made them very comfortable to wear just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back